New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Brake cleaner po Ma'am.

Pantangal ng langis grasa atbpa dumi.
    Thank you po! Will do it on sunday daw, then monday dalhin namin sa repair shop para alam agad nung titingin saan ung leak.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sir balita pi sa fd ninyo?

3. Join Date
    May 2019
    UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

First i'd like to thank everyone here on Tsikot, again and again and again!
    From 11.7k pesos to 50 pesos! The advice on getting a 2nd(3rd, 4th and so on) opinion really worth!

receipt.jpg oring.jpg

We went to 6 autoshop and narrowed down the leak by each shops diagnosis. though i really feel bad because 5 of the shop is free ang check-up.

1st shop is Car Crew, they mentioned what Casa fixed last january and when i bring them the receipt from Casa, they became hesitant and told me to bring the car back sa Casa.
    2nd shop was in bucandala, the name is JCM. Sabi valve cover and the engine side (O-ring)
    3rd is along aguinaldo hiway, EMS. They said that Vtec, PS pump, Valve cover and engine side (O-ring)

At dahil ang pinsan ko is nag sususpetsa din sa engine side, xa na mismo ang nag bukas. And what he get is a worned out O-ring, halos mapuputol na! So he bought a new one with a bit larger size and is only 50 pesos then replaced it, cleaned everything with brake cleaner and kinabukasan wala ng tulo pero nag mo-moist parin. And so the Autoshop hunt continue...

4th shop was D7, this one isn't free and their result was on the Axle
    5th is Rapide at Dasmarinas. Same with Casa, baba transmission and pointing out the crankshaft (Boooooo!)
    6th and last stop, A new shop here in Pascam, couldn't find the name kasi ginagawa pa yung place. Magaling ang mga mekaniko according sa pinsan ko. What they saw is, mga tirang oil na lang daw yung nakikita naming moist, my binuksan silang cover dun sa may transmission and andun nga yung tira, sinuggest din nila na e-silicon ang valve cover just to make sure, so pumayag naman ako
    sili.jpg

Lahat sila, ATF ang tinuro pero engine oil ko ang nagbabawas >.<(Dahil kakulay talaga and dun sa transmission ang leak)
    And now, 3 days no leak, no more moist! In the end, yung pinsan ko lang din nakaayos.. But bringing the car for other opinion really help! Napagastos lang din ako sa brake cleaner and gas? Oh and plus the silicon!

Hindi ko lang talaga malaman papano diniagnose ng Casa ang kotse ko without even cleaning to narrow the cause of the leak..
    Sorry sa long post, ngayon lang po nagka time and gusto ko lang talaga i-update yung mga tumulong/suggest dito sakin. Thank you po!

4. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    sir balita pi sa fd ninyo?
    Good pm po. Okay na po xa, no more leak. Pinalitan po nang O-ring yung nasa gilid ng makina sa kanan yung tinatakpan ng harness. Hindi ko po alam if ano tawag dun, any idea po?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Liana View Post
    UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

First i'd like to thank everyone here on Tsikot, again and again and again!
    From 11.7k pesos to 50 pesos! The advice on getting a 2nd(3rd, 4th and so on) opinion really worth!

receipt.jpg oring.jpg

We went to 6 autoshop and narrowed down the leak by each shops diagnosis. though i really feel bad because 5 of the shop is free ang check-up.

1st shop is Car Crew, they mentioned what Casa fixed last january and when i bring them the receipt from Casa, they became hesitant and told me to bring the car back sa Casa.
    2nd shop was in bucandala, the name is JCM. Sabi valve cover, PS pump and the engine side (O-ring)
    3rd is along aguinaldo hiway, EMS. They said that Vtec, Valve cover and engine side (O-ring)

At dahil ang pinsan ko is nag sususpetsa din sa engine side, xa na mismo ang nag bukas. And what he get is a worned out O-ring, halos mapuputol na! So he bought a new one with a bit larger size and is only 50 pesos then replaced it, cleaned everything with brake cleaner and kinabukas wala ng tulo pero nag mo-moist parin. And so the Autoshop hunt continue...

4th shop was D7, this one isn't free and their result was on the Axle
    5th is Rapide at Dasmarinas. Same with Casa, baba transmission and pointing out the crankshaft (Boooooo!)
    6th and last stop, A new shop here in Pascam, couldn't find the name kasi ginagawa pa yung place. Magaling ang mga mekaniko according sa pinsan ko. What they saw is, mga tirang oil na lang daw yung nakikita naming moist, my binuksan silang cover dun sa may transmission and andun nga yung tira, sinuggest din nila na e-silicon ang valve cover just to make sure, so pumayag naman ako
    sili.jpg

Lahat sila, ATF ang tinuro pero engine oil ko ang nagbabawas >.<(Dahil kakulay talaga and dun sa transmission ang leak)
    And now, 3 days no leak, no more moist! In the end, yung pinsan ko lang din nakaayos.. But bringing the car for other opinion really help! Napagastos lang din ako sa brake cleaner and gas? Oh and plus the silicon!

Hindi ko lang talaga malaman papano diniagnose ng Casa ang kotse ko without even cleaning to narrow the cause of the leak..
    Sorry sa long post, ngayon lang po nagka time and gusto ko lang talaga i-update yung mga tumulong/suggest dito sakin. Thank you po!
    good for you. buti nag persevere din kayo to hunt the problem. minsan kasi defacto ng hindi matitinong casa ay hindi repair. palit lang ng palit and throw parts at your problem at hopefully ma solusyunan. kikita pa sila.

may rapide pala sa dasma? i know its unfair to generalize but with rapides reputation as a whole you are more likely spend more money with them than is really needed.

6. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    good for you. buti nag persevere din kayo to hunt the problem. minsan kasi defacto ng hindi matitinong casa ay hindi repair. palit lang ng palit and throw parts at your problem at hopefully ma solusyunan. kikita pa sila.

may rapide pala sa dasma? i know its unfair to generalize but with rapides reputation as a whole you are more likely spend more money with them than is really needed.
    Thank you po, Haaays no more sakit ng ulo, maghintay na lang ulit sa next sira XD!

Actually galing Rapide po ang pinsan ko but he quit and applied sa Zeibart. Yung manager nia sa Rapide is nananaga ng customer, palit parts kahit hindi palitan, lalo na if walang alam ang customer and is willing na gumastos.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Wow, what an adventure. I'm happy the issue is settled, for a price like of a darn soda in can. Edi may emotional attachment ka na nyan sa FD mo. Haha. Take care of it. Easily one of the nicest cars around.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in retrospect,
    a determined mechanic who is not afraid of getting dirty, could have solved it.
    "we all have perfect hindsight."
    heh heh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123