New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not sure what's wrong, but my passenger door lock won't open... If I try to open it manually, it's a little stiff and it relocks itself... When I use the power doorlock switch from the driver's side or the key, ganun din, it opens 3/4 of the way then locks again.

If I try to manually hold the door lock open then pull the door handle, it won't open coz the lock hasn't disengaged yet.

Now I can't open the passenger's door at all, so kung sasakay ka dun, sa driver's side ka dumaan hehe.

How can I fix this if I can't even open the door itself to remove the sidings :P

I've thought about disconnecting the battery to disengage the power sa actuator, but haven't had the change to try it yet...

Hassle :P

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    try mo sir spray with wd40? baka na stuckup lang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    This sounds awfully familiar, parang nangyari na sa akin ito...

I think someone had to manually disengage the lock from outside.

Then replace the actuator once open.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    merun tumutukod sa lock mechanism ng door...likely the actuator nga. Try the remove battery connection option. Hopefully ay mag-disengage yun.

You can try removing the upuan sa likod para maaccess or makalas ang door cover....matrabaho pero meron ka namang tao sa shop to have it removed (rear upuan) di ba?!?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    had that problem before on the rear left passenger door, baklas sidings and spray ng sangkatutak na WD40, nag-okay naman after, but it's still a little stiff/stucked opening it, pero nabubuksan na.

I sprayed the WD40, on the lock mechanisim itself, the door handle, and all the springs or mechanism na makita ko within the vicinity of the door handle and door lock.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    had that problem before on the rear left passenger door, baklas sidings and spray ng sangkatutak na WD40, nag-okay naman after, but it's still a little stiff/stucked opening it, pero nabubuksan na.

I sprayed the WD40, on the lock mechanisim itself, the door handle, and all the springs or mechanism na makita ko within the vicinity of the door handle and door lock.

HTH
    same here. right rear passenger door naman. ako na rin mismo nag baklas and nakaubos ata ako ng almost isang lata ng WD-40. tapos nun ok na.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    try this, mejo timing lang ang kelangan boss, pag pindot mo ng remote (open) tyempuhan mo sir pag angat ng mga locks sabay bukas ng pinto, ganyan din nangyari sakin pagpindot ng remote aangat mga locks tapos maglolock ulet! un pala me isang actuator na-misaligned lumuwag pagkakaturnilyo..hth

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ganito din na experience ko sa rear right passenger door, kailangan mong hatakin as in pwersa para matangal sa pagka lock, ako na rin ang nag ayos, bumili ako ng actuator, ang nangyari pala nag stuck up yung nakakabit na actuator at basang basa ng tubig. try mong pwersahin ng konti sabay kalabit sa door handle to unlock baka umubra.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Right front eh hehe... Update ko kaya kung napagawa ko this weekend....

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Right front eh hehe... Update ko kaya kung napagawa ko this weekend....
    pre ,ano na nag yari sa .
    mejo nag luko di ang rear back door ko ,pero nawala din agad.kaya lang baka umulit ..naalala ko may thread nga pala dito .kaya read ko muna bago ko buksan ang sa akin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Passenger door lock won't open