New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Just want to ask, advisable ba DIY ng engine oil change? what do i need to do and to buy and how much oil do i pour in? what type of oil do u suggest? 2 liter ung engine nung car ko eh. old school ride. thanx alot bros!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by budsmokaz
    Just want to ask, advisable ba DIY ng engine oil change? what do i need to do and to buy and how much oil do i pour in? what type of oil do u suggest? 2 liter ung engine nung car ko eh. old school ride. thanx alot bros!
    DIY oil changing madali lang, but you have already the basics, i mean napapanood mo na before na i-change oil yang car mo, then you'll have to repeat it by yourself after 5T kms. You need of course, oil filter, some good rugs, old/spare fan belt needed in filter removing or the chain type na nbibili na sa auto stores. I-drain mo na lang magdamag & dispose the oil properly.
    Oldskul d ko kabisado, but for modern autos it needs less than 4Liters to satisfy the oil dip stick. Then punas-punas lang sa konting oil spill sa engine para di kumapit carbon, dusts, etc...KAYA MO IYAN :D . I've been doing kc nagttipid rin ako, kesa sa ibayad mo pa sa iba. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    make sure you give your used oil sa gasolinahan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanx for the replies. oo nga ung used oil dapat sa gasolinahan.
    so i need the following:
    - new oil filter
    -4 liters of oil
    -rags
    -pantagal ng oil filter

what's better for an old engine? mineral or synthetic type of oil? is it advisable to use oil additives?

thanx! :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most oil filters can be installed and removed without tools.

Ingat lang sa paggamit ng tools. They can sometimes damage the filter or kapag nasobrahan ng higpit, they will leak. Kaya I just use my hands. Sinasabon ko muna ng laundry soap kamay ko para hindi madulas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ok, thanks mga sirs! sa oil filter lang naman ida-drain ung oil dba? atsaka recommended ba maglagay ng additive at gumamit ng engine flush? :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by budsmokaz
    sa oil filter lang naman ida-drain ung oil dba?
    sir hindi...sa drain plug mo ide-drain yung oil,not on the oil filter itself..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    look here, if you search sa google for "diy oil change" madami ka pang makikitang may illustrations, tapos pag may question ka pa ask here.

http://www.diynet.com/DIY/article/0,2058,5681,00.html

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanx sa info sirs! so di nako gagamit ng engine flush before i-drain at di ko na din dagdagan ng additive no? wat do u guys think?

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I read somewhere that you should use engine flush only when changing from mineral to synthetic or vice versa so that you eliminate any oil mixing. Aside from that its not really neccessary as long as you go through the process correctly.

Oil Change