New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    no missed engine oil change? whats the mileage on the odometer?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Hello. I just had my 10k pms last week. Its the time I open the problem to them. Mileage is 10k. I am told its the steering wheel thats vibrating in which theyve put a padding but when i drove the car the vibration is still there. I noticed that the problem manifests when the road is not asphalt. I just cant bear the vibrating noise, this is suppose to be brand new, why am i having this problem. Pls help. Pls share ur thoughts on this problem.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A few other things to check:

Engine mount
    Fuel quality
    Dead or intermittent cylinder (bad sparkplug, ignition coil pack, or fuel injector)
    Last edited by oj88; April 15th, 2017 at 09:16 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    A few other things to check:

Engine mount
    Fuel quality
    Dead intermittent cylinder (bad sparkplug, ignition coil pack, or fuel injector)
    Hello. I had the 10k pms for the car. Its also the time i open the problem to them. They test drive it and heard the vibration issue. Im told its from my steering wheel which they put some padding on it. After the pms and the installation of padding i drove the car back home. After 2 days the problem persist, the dashboard vibration is back. I just cant bear the thought its a brand new car and im having this problem. Pls help. Im no ninja in this field. Pls help.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    no missed engine oil change? whats the mileage on the odometer?

Hello. I just had the 10k pms for the car. I was told its from my steering wheel after they test drive it. Unknowing of whats happening i gladly agreed in their solution in which they put some padding on it. After the 10k pms and the installation of the padding i drove back home. After 2 days the problem persists. Pls help. Mileage of the car is 10k. Im no expert in this field. Im getting paranoid of this weird sound from the dashboard. Pls help.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by quirint View Post
    Hello. I had the 10k pms for the car. Its also the time i open the problem to them. They test drive it and heard the vibration issue. Im told its from my steering wheel which they put some padding on it. After the pms and the installation of padding i drove the car back home. After 2 days the problem persist, the dashboard vibration is back. I just cant bear the thought its a brand new car and im having this problem. Pls help. Im no ninja in this field. Pls help.
    Ask for another SA. Create a warranty work order for the said problem. The SA will have to address this. if you dont create the work order. they will not address this issue.

make sure the work order is about the excessive vibration.

in my opinion this could be the steering coupler between the eps and the column.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Ask for another SA. Create a warranty work order for the said problem. The SA will have to address this. if you dont create the work order. they will not address this issue.

make sure the work order is about the excessive vibration.

in my opinion this could be the steering coupler between the eps and the column.

Thanks for the advice, ill call the toyota cdo office asap for this. Ill keep you Posted. Thank you so much.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Pls. Help. I bought a brand new toyota vios e at 2015. I noticed a vibrating sound from my dashboard. I already referred the issue to the service center. They told me they put some padding in the steering wheel to correct the issue. After i took the car from the service center, the problem still persist, the noise and the vibration from the dashboard is still there. Pls help, have you experience this problem before? Did someone experience this problem before?
    make your own investigation, po.
    exactly where is the vibration? what is causing the vibration? sometimes, when our hand or finger holds onto the cause of the vibration, it stops vibrating.

in my (non-vios) car, my dash vibration was traced to the swivel axis of the glove compartment. na-tanggal yung felt tape. linagyan lang muli, at nawala na vibration.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 16th, 2017 at 03:32 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    make your own investigation, po.
    exactly where is the vibration? what is causing the vibration? sometimes, when our hand or finger holds onto the cause of the vibration, it stops vibrating.

in my (non-vios) car, my dash vibration was traced to the swivel axis of the glove compartment. na-tanggal yung felt tape. linagyan lang muli, at nawala na vibration.
    Hello. I tried holding the dashboard in front of the head unit and the vibration stop. I dont know where specifically the source of vibration comes from but everytime i hold it the vibration stops then it comes again when i release it. Do you have any idea where it comes from? I read some forums and its told the vibration comes from the dashboard and windshield clashing but i dont know if it rules out other possibilities. Pls help.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hello. I tried holding the dashboard in front of the head unit and the vibration stop. I dont know where specifically the source of vibration comes from but everytime i hold it the vibration stops then it comes again when i release it. Do you have any idea where it comes from? I read some forums and its told the vibration comes from the dashboard and windshield clashing but i dont know if it rules out other possibilities. Pls help.
    alas, you will have to crawl from under the dash, and make qutingtingation to see what may be seen.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    alas, you will have to crawl from under the dash, and make qutingtingation to see what may be seen.
    Hello. I really dont know how to do that. Can the toyota mechanic personnel do this? I read in other posts its the dash and the windshield thats making the vibration noise. Pls help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Need Help Steering Wheel and Dashboard vibrates when idle! Toyota Vios AT 1.5G 2004