New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hello to everyone.

My car is a 2005 Toyota RAV4 and I was recently a victim of a hit and run and my car was damaged at the front. Thankfully no one was hurt. However, the damage is much more costly than I anticipated. I had an estimate done at the casa and they said it would cost 62K Php! They will be replacing the entire hood, grille and left headlight. My insurance cannot cover all that if I have it repaired at the casa. I asked some of my friends for alternatives and they said if I can have the the work done outside the casa and it would be substantially cheaper. I thought so too since it's not really THAT big of a damage. It's not a mere scratch, but it isn't a crash either.

Can anyone give me tips on where and what I can possibly do about this? I was told by some people that I could even just have the black portion of my grille retouched or sanded to be smooth again, and that the big dent on the silver portion of the grille could be hammered back flat and retouched. Same goes for that portion of that hood that got dented. As for the left headlight, I suppose I will just replace it instead. Anyone know a shop that could do all of this as well as provide the headlight?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Here are pictures of the damage my car suffered:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    Hello to everyone.

My car is a 2005 Toyota RAV4 and I was recently a victim of a hit and run and my car was damaged at the front. Thankfully no one was hurt. However, the damage is much more costly than I anticipated. I had an estimate done at the casa and they said it would cost 62K Php! They will be replacing the entire hood, grille and left headlight. My insurance cannot cover all that if I have it repaired at the casa. I asked some of my friends for alternatives and they said if I can have the the work done outside the casa and it would be substantially cheaper. I thought so too since it's not really THAT big of a damage. It's not a mere scratch, but it isn't a crash either.

Can anyone give me tips on where and what I can possibly do about this? I was told by some people that I could even just have the black portion of my grille retouched or sanded to be smooth again, and that the big dent on the silver portion of the grille could be hammered back flat and retouched. Same goes for that portion of that hood that got dented. As for the left headlight, I suppose I will just replace it instead. Anyone know a shop that could do all of this as well as provide the headlight?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Here are pictures of the damage my car suffered:

Di ma-icover ng inusrance lahat ng parts cost dahil may depreciation cost na yan, not sure if magkano yung depreciation cost, pero baka aorund 25% to 50% of the total parts cost yan, kasi brand new na replacement parts ipapalit.

If papayag ka na palitan ng 2nd hand parts or surplus yung parts mo, yun wala ka na babayarang depreciation charges from your insurance. Pahanap ka muna ng surplus, then arrange mo sa casa.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Dapat covered ng insurance yan kahit na bnew replacment pa. Check your policy document para malaman mo yung body coverage.

Sent from my SGH-i777 using Tapatalk 2