New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    pagdaan ko sa Honda Pasig, ang daming naka-tow na sasakyan... panay putik kahit mga suv. mapupuno ng mga sasakyan ang mga casa nyan.. at problemado ngayon ang mga insurance company.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by trackers888 View Post
    Kaya kung hindi na cover ng insurance ang car mo, better start dismantling your car and start the restoration of course with the help of the mechanic
    I did this before with our an old Sentra of my bro's which got flooded. I brought it to an old school neighborhood mechanic and we worked on it step-by-step (cleaning out the interior, engine, underchassis and behind the fender panels, electricals, sourced parts in Banawe, etc). Afterwards, we brought the car to Nissan to have all the engine settings checked/calibrated with the CONSULT and it all came out a-okay.

The GA16 ECU cost me 8K in Banawe before; i do expect a shortage of this and high prices in the surplus shops in the coming months.
    Last edited by vinj; September 29th, 2009 at 12:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    share ko lang:
    ayun, habang pataas na ang baha till lapet na lumubog makina, pinaandar niya even rev it like hell hanggang deads na ang makina, sinadya na ang pagsira sa makina para mapalitan na ng Brand new. matalinong unggoy!
    good night
    Pero unggoy nagugulangan din. Paano kung irepair lang ng insurance yan at hindi palitan.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tondoboy View Post
    Pero unggoy nagugulangan din. Paano kung irepair lang ng insurance yan at hindi palitan.
    siguro naman papalitan ng bnew kung nakalagay sa contract ang Acts Of God.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    wow... mine is a corolla gli nabaha ako sa may santolan... kita ko ung water palapit ng palapit sakin... wala ako magawa sa madaling sabi inabot ako...

sa katangahan ko inistart ko ayun di nag start...
    Nung pinahila ko sa talyer...
    submerged ung ecu inabot... sabi nung nagtigin palitan ko na daw... kz nag corrode na ung ibang ic pero kanina pina try ko na gamitan

ayun nag start sya normal naman so far... malalaman ko palang bukas kung walang effect?

sa tingin nyo ba ok na un or need to replace parin?

the corossion is still visible but the components inside the ecu is still intack wala namang pumutok na ic or damage part may corossion lang at ilang rust....

any suggestion?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    A friend of mine had her parked 2000~ Honda Civic A/T submerged in the recent flood. She allowed her car to dry for a day or two, then tried turning the engine on. The car started but it turns off after a few minutes with a "check engine" warning light. The car can still move but turns off several meters. She called Honda but said she was at the 80th position in their queue. She also tried towing companies but they are currently full. Should she have her car fixed by the neighborhood mechanic since it still runs? Or should she proceed to the nearest Honda service center?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I've had our altis and pajero double towed earlier to carsavers after they went under the flood. good thing that we chanced upon a tow truck the day earlier and was able to schedule a tow from him (Romy-09198316998 if you guys want to contact him). Good thing insurance is covering plus they're gonna reimburse the towing fee. My dad's civic survives since he was using it in ortigas when the floods came in.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    share ko lang:

yung kapitbahay ng pinsan ko have a brand new CRV, few weeks old lang ata, with it an "act of god" plus "act of nature" coverage insurance.

ayun, habang pataas na ang baha till lapet na lumubog makina, pinaandar niya even rev it like hell hanggang deads na ang makina, sinadya na ang pagsira sa makina para mapalitan na ng Brand new. matalinong unggoy!

that CRV ended up in a 6 foot deep flood with 4 other vehicles of the owner.

anyways, ok din ang mga bagong auto ng toyota (vios 05, Innova 07and my ZZ Altis 04). the vios and Innova were submerged till headrest height respectively. i noticed that, there was an installed alarm/sensor on the vehicles, that would open all windows,unlocked the doors and turn on the alarm sound and hazard lights. it was sensing it is being capsized by the water. it was automatic and fully functional even in under water. good job toyota for having that safety feature.

however, in my ZZ's case, it did not gone under water but it was flooded inside. carpets and seats are wet but engine is not damage and no oil-water contamination, the water did not reach the ECU(inside the dash board) and it works fine this morning,

kanina lang ako nagka lakas loob icheck lahat ng engine and electrical components ng car ko. assuming for the worst case scenario, but it's normal. engine is still in good shape. the only thing i see damaged was the remote entry and security alarm. nagamit ko na pang igib ng tubig ngayon lang at ok naman lahat regardless sa amoy ng interior which is very disgusting.

good night
    i agreed to this, nabaha din vios ko last saturday and inabot hangang sa may switch ng aircon ang tubig, yesterday, since i 'm so depress about what happened sa vios pinilit ko start and luckily nagstart naman, dadalhin ko sana sa toyota pasong tamo or sa toyota makati kaya lang sobrang haba ng pila sa service, since i work in batangas dun ko na lang dinala sa toyota batangas para ma service, so i drove it from manila to toyota batangas, and talagang tinorture test ko yung vios para lumabas yung sira pero i was so amazed and overwhelmed ng makarating ako ng toyota batangas kasi hindi tumirik yung vios and smooth pa din yung takbo nya. and service advisor informed me that it will cost me 7k for the detailing of interior and engine bay. all i can say is toyota is the best!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    How would we know if the car that is being sold has a history of being submerged in floods??

Is there a sign even though it has been remedied by the most efficient casas?

We had 3 units na binaha

ang hindi mawawala dyan is yung putik na brown sa mga sulok sulok, mahirap perfectin na matanggal iyan, lalo ngayon na punong puno ang mg CASA at talyer. even at the back of dashboard hindi basata nalilinis na iyan.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    nakakalungkot man pero isa rin un 3door pajero ko na nalubog din sa baha. ngaun hinde ko alam kung san sya papagawa punuan lahat try ko tumawag sa speedlab baka maaccomodate pa ako. naisip ko try ko sa pinagbilan ko nun baka mas kabisado nila dahil japan galing yun para ma check din yun conversion

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast