New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Need help from the experts.

Weird, pero bakit nangyayari na naiiba ang timing ng ride ko when you rev it up or go on highspeed driving?

Napa tune up ko na and the timing was adjusted to 10 then when I went to Pampanga hataw ako 100kph to 140 kph. Pag dating ko dun tumotope na pag arangkada and then maingay sya. I had the timing read and it was way past 10 degrees.

I experienced this twice already.

Hmmm... what could be wrong?

The subject ride is a 1991 corolla 1.6.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka hindi nahigpitan yung adjustment ng timing kaya gumalaw? or worse, baka tumalon ang timing belt?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nyaiks, you better get it checked, kita naman kahit valve cover palang tinanggal, baka mali ang higpit ng tensioner at tumatalon belt mo. Matsempohan ka tukod valves mo nyan, para kadin naputulan ng belt.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    nyaiks, you better get it checked, kita naman kahit valve cover palang tinanggal, baka mali ang higpit ng tensioner at tumatalon belt mo. Matsempohan ka tukod valves mo nyan, para kadin naputulan ng belt.
    Posible pala na tumalon timing belts, katakot naman... I will have it check.

Thanks Sir Yebo and Sir Theveed.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup possible na tumatalon yan... delikado nga and it should be checked agad.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    May advancer ba un? baka sira?
    does advancer has to do something with the timing?
    wild guess lang po!

Naiibang timing (what could be wrong?)