New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    hey guys just got my first car.. a 96nissan sentra with a ga16de engine.. i just want to know what would be a nice first mod for my car?? and ayuz lng ba ung cold air intake? coz im planning on installing one..??? please help me guys!!xxx

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan_zycho
    hey guys just got my first car.. a 96nissan sentra with a ga16de engine.. i just want to know what would be a nice first mod for my car?? and ayuz lng ba ung cold air intake? coz im planning on installing one..??? please help me guys!!xxx

yup, ok yan tol... samahan mo na ng full exhaust, high tension wires, lowering springs, 17 na rims ang syempre, tints - summer e. welcome sa tsikot!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    ganun ei! ty po!! san po b mkkmura pg mg ppmod??

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ganun ei! ty po!! san po b mkkmura pg mg ppmod??

canvass ka lang tol. banawe lang yan or kung saan ka komportable. and syempre depende rin sa budget mo.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Lowered mo car mo, use lowering spring. 16 or 17 na mags will do. No tint, gwapo na yan!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    17s will negate some of the power gains from a CAI and exhaust... 15s will fit the B14 Sentra well. Be careful when lowering, it's best to buy new lowering springs instead of surplus or cut springs, as the Sentra has a short stroke suspension that bottoms out if the springs are too soft.
    Best sentra resources: www.sentra.net (check Kojima's garage) and nissanbayan.com/forums .

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first, the engine for the 1996 sentra is a GA16DNE engine and not the GA16DE (unless there was an engine swap in its history). That means 105hp and not 110hp.

Anyway, is the car fully factory stock? you can start by upgrading the headlights and front signal lights to a later model (1998-1999) which had clear headlights and matching signal lights. And also replacing the stock front grille with the same year model grille for the clear headlights.

if you plan to do intake mods, you will have to do a complete IHE setup to get the real benefits. IHE stands for Intake-Headers-Exhaust. The intake mod alone will make the engine a bit more responsive at lower rpms only.

Don't waste your money on buying high-tension sparkplug wires, they won't do anything unless you also plan to upgrade the engine's ignition system.

Side note: has the engine's throttle body been cleared recently? If not, you might want to have it cleaned because if its dirty, it will result in poor engine performance.

Upgrading the wheels from the stock 14" to 15" will give the benefits of better looks and relative durability (as compared to 16 or 17inch wheels). I suggest using 195/55/15 tires and not 195/50/15 for better comfort.

Lowering springs is recommended. I suggest you shop around for the best deal before rushing around for just any brand. Different brands of lowering springs means different characteristics. Some are harder and ride lower. Since the sentra has limited front suspension travel, do NOT lower beyond 1.75 inches. My old 1992 sentra used Eibach Sportline springs.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 4th, 2006 at 09:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ditto on the high-tension wires... but if you plan to buy them to dress up your engine bay, don't buy the cheap ones!, as the insulation isn't as good, and it'll result in cross-firing...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    modding DOES NOT include putting in khaos type devices ha.

if you install performance modifications your original fuel economy figures will change. starting with IHE upgrades, then going on to more radical mods like forced induction will result in your km/liter taking a direct hit. are you sure you want to pay for more gas? because power can only be gained if you shoot more fuel into your engine.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    ok thanks guys so can anyone suggest... what should i buy first.. to increase its performance?? ill really appreciate your help...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
My First Car modding.. Please Help? got a 96Sentra