New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Like ghosthunter said, intake, headers and exhaust should be done together for you to feel a dramatic difference in the power. Budget maybe 20k or 25k for a full headers-midpipe-exhaust job at a good exhaust place... freemuff near evangelista is good... if you're in Laguna, gomags in Biñan is excellent.
    Buy a glasspack exhaust (not the 2.5k cheapo ones) or a JASMA surplus for smooth sound.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan_zycho
    ok thanks guys so can anyone suggest... what should i buy first.. to increase its performance?? ill really appreciate your help...
    A freeflow muffler and a cone-type filter intake upgrade will see some some performance increases.

Getting some lightweight alloy wheels & tires will also help increase your car's performance.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *ghosthunter: sir just would like to ask about your comment, what or where is the throttle body? I'm not very familiar with very techy car stuff . . . thank you!

Side note: has the engine's throttle body been cleared recently? If not, you might want to have it cleaned because if its dirty, it will result in poor engine performance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eleiner-garcia
    *ghosthunter: sir just would like to ask about your comment, what or where is the throttle body? I'm not very familiar with very techy car stuff . . . thank you!

Side note: has the engine's throttle body been cleared recently? If not, you might want to have it cleaned because if its dirty, it will result in poor engine performance.

This is a Honda throttle body but the Sentra looks similar except it's under some engine bits so its hard to see it unless you partially disassemble the air intake system of your engine.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    What're the things to consider for the H & E parts of IHE (e.g. brands, "ratings"(?), etc.). Is the K&N 57i Series Induction kit ok? What (significant) gain then should I expect if I go ahead with the installation of the induction kit and leave the H&E part for later?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ask ko lng po pag nag lgay bko ng cold air intake lalakas po ba sa gas? im planing to put one on my optra ksi eh or kng may iba kyong alam na pde gwing modification na will increase the car hp just a lil bit but nut the fuel comsumption! tnx

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wrong thread. That question should be in an Optra thread. According to batangraon, an installer told him it had a negative effect on Optras, but I think it would depend on whether your Optra has had the ECU reflash to cure fuel consumption. (look up Optra behemoth gas consumption thread)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
My First Car modding.. Please Help? got a 96Sentra