New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yung suzuki swift ng utol ko ipapa-5000km check, first time.
    anu ba dapat ang recommended na oil para sa first maintenance check? synthetic agad? semi muna? o ordinary (mineral oil)?

ang sabi daw maganda ang mineral oil sa bagong engine. medyo nagbasa na din ako internet about engine oils. bago magpost dito sa forums.
    http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html
    pero mas maganda pa rin kung may inputs galing sa mga experts dito sa forums, hehe.

yung free na oil change ng suzuki ang gamit nila yung ordinary, X4. Dapat ba mag-ordinary na lang yung utol ko? kasi yun daw ang free nila. Yung valvoline semi-synthetic at valvoline synthetic 401 php at 701 php ang cost sa casa, respectively. hindi ko rin alam kung magkano mga to sa labas

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I hope it's not too late,yes use mineral oil first when braking in the engine.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    I hope it's not too late,yes use mineral oil first when braking in the engine.
    What's the rationale?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    In my opinion it really doesnt matter if its mineral, semi or fully synth, what matters is how often you change your oil and the oil filter. If you are often driving at high speed synthetic may be better.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    From what I've read, synthetic is better for new engines. Mineral oil for older engines, kasi mas manipis ang synthetic and mas may tendency magleak in older engines

If you have the budget go for Mobil1 or Motul Fully Synthetics.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I guess we're talking about breaking in the engines right? I will still put mineral oil until 10000km's,why?maybe i'm still an old skool guy.Mineral oil has lower shear strenght that can easily help in engine wear. "The added friction and surface abrasion that mineral-based oils provide actually helps to seat the valves and create even mating surfaces between parts during the first several hundred miles".

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As I've always said, if you are not using the vehicle for racing or anything extreme, just use the manufacturer recommened lubricant (NOT DEALER RECOMMENDED, magkaiba yun kasi madaming dealer na mukhang pera so check the owner's manual) and save yourself a ton of cash.

Using the recommended oil and changing at the recommended interval still provides the best cost/benefit ratio.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've read the manual. oil viscosity of 10-30 ang kailangan. hindi naman nakasulat kung synthetic o mineral.

mag-semi-sythetic na lang ako, baka mas safe.

as for the price of valvoline (semi-synthetic), anong presyo nito sa labas ng casa?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Recommended oil is mineral by default (if not indicated) as per industry standards.

They only indicate oil type if you need to use semi-synth for fully synth.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
my first 5000km check