New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    After bumuhos yung sunod sunod na ulan, dun na nagsimula na magloko yung oto ko...Ngayon, ayaw na syang mag start. I really don't have any idea if it's the battery, alternator, starter, ignition or whatsoever.. So please guys! Help me. I'm dumb on this kinds of things but I want to learn a lot about cars...

And kung may alam din kayo na honest na shop around cainta, rizal. Thanks guys! hope to hear from all you soon...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Did it flood? If so, your alternator got wet and it grounded out.

Are there any wet areas in the engine bay when you open the hood? If so, then you've got a short.

-

If everything is dry... then your battery is out. Cold weather is bad for batteries... especially if you don't use the car often. If the headlights are dim when you turn them on, chances are you'll have to jumpstart the car. Ask a friend or relative if they have jumper cables, and ask them to assist you in this matter.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based sa post, I'm assuming na hinde ka naman nabaha..so probably pinakmura eh hiram ka mung ng battery...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Assuming the starter turns ok, i would remove my distributor cap and check for any wetness, dry it w/ a cloth or hair dryer and try again.

Otherwise, start READING (you said you wanted to learn more about cars right). Start w/ basics of how a car works. Then go on to the more technical stuff. Of course you should try to do some PRACTICAL stuff if you feel confident enough. Check out the POPULAR MECHANICS website as well as LARREY CARLEY`s Automotive library and CARBIBLES website (just google them all). patrick

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Did it flood? If so, your alternator got wet and it grounded out.

Are there any wet areas in the engine bay when you open the hood? If so, then you've got a short.

-

If everything is dry... then your battery is out. Cold weather is bad for batteries... especially if you don't use the car often. If the headlights are dim when you turn them on, chances are you'll have to jumpstart the car. Ask a friend or relative if they have jumper cables, and ask them to assist you in this matter.
    Yes, pero di ako namatayan and ilang araw ko din sya nagamit pa...Malakas yung head light and yun nga, nagstart sya kasi isang linggo yung ulan nung mga nakaraang araw eh.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    based sa post, I'm assuming na hinde ka naman nabaha..so probably pinakmura eh hiram ka mung ng battery...
    nadaan din po ako sa baha sir, pero di naman ako namatayan nun...kung mahina na yung battery ko, bat malakas pa yung mga ilaw ko at radyo?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PatT View Post
    Assuming the starter turns ok, i would remove my distributor cap and check for any wetness, dry it w/ a cloth or hair dryer and try again.

Otherwise, start READING (you said you wanted to learn more about cars right). Start w/ basics of how a car works. Then go on to the more technical stuff. Of course you should try to do some PRACTICAL stuff if you feel confident enough. Check out the POPULAR MECHANICS website as well as LARREY CARLEY`s Automotive library and CARBIBLES website (just google them all). patrick
    Okay, sige i'll check it out.. Thanks. About dun sa distributor cap, chineck ko, okay naman...nabasa ko din sa net yung about dun...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by threeminuteslat View Post
    nadaan din po ako sa baha sir, pero di naman ako namatayan nun...kung mahina na yung battery ko, bat malakas pa yung mga ilaw ko at radyo?
    nangyari ndin sakin to.. im using a 1992 corolla small body..

inuwi pa aku nung car.. pero nung kina-umagahan hindi na xa nag start..
    ung naging problem nya is the condenser.. nabasa cguro kc meju may kalakasan ung ulan.. or possible na natalansikan ng water..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kailangan mo ng some basic tools muna ,

multitester,wrenches, etc.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hindiakocjek View Post
    nangyari ndin sakin to.. im using a 1992 corolla small body..

inuwi pa aku nung car.. pero nung kina-umagahan hindi na xa nag start..
    ung naging problem nya is the condenser.. nabasa cguro kc meju may kalakasan ung ulan.. or possible na natalansikan ng water..

oks na yung car ko...The problem is the solenoid at yung bendix drive. Pinalitan ko lang yung, then ok na ulit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
My car won't start. Guys! Please help me. I don't know anything about cars..Thanks!