New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, can you recommend me a shop that can install my MSD 6A ignition? My former 95 Vitara had a MSD Blaster coil and I planned to integrate the 6A with it however the accident negated all those plans. Fortunately, I was able to get an 03 Vitara lately and I noted that the latter models had the ignition coil built into the distributor already. My question is whether it is possible to use my Blaster coil with it as well as my 6A, or 6A nalang pwede? Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It is possible to install a msd coil in your vitara. Just not sure how the wiring layout would be, would need to see it first. I have done installing coils on a civic and I used to own a vitara. They seem to have similar layout but it has been a long time since I have done it. The bad part about it would be that you might need to drill a hole on the distributor cap for the terminals connecting to the external coil, just like on a civic. But msd sells caps for civics that have an extra connector for the coil so you don't have to do it on the original cap. You can buy an original msd connector that you can put on the cap. You can pm me your contact no. on this if you want to push through with your plan.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    wiretap md,

checkout msdignition.com you can download instructions from there.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    doc,
    try mo si atong sa ichiban banawe... he might help...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uy congrats sa new ride doc!

MSD ignition installation help