New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hindi pa nag palit ng spark plug. pagkatapos na pagkatapos mag change oil para maleak check pinaandar ang engine napansin ko agad na medyo bvumaba na idling rpm bumalik na siya parang noong bago pa siya. Ano ba itong API rating bakit sabi nila masmaganda API SL from API SG sa mga previous replies. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you clicked on the link and read it?

*edit oops my bad.. eto hirap sa pag link sa tsikot.. lagi lumalabas yung info philippines link kaya ayun bumabalik sa homepage nung car bibles pag click mo.

Try this na lang: http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbi...html?menu.html

lick on the left pane with the "The Engine Oil Bible" Link
    Last edited by Supierreman; April 5th, 2005 at 02:05 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    s man,
    saw the rating of the fully synthetics, how come the mobil1 oil i use 5w50 isn' t listed sa chart???

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kcboy,
    click on the link again and read about the "Viscosity and Viscosity Index (VI)." part of that page

walang kinalaman sa pagiging synthetic or mineral oil yung viscosity rating.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    raine,

Did you use the same viscosity when you changed to valvoline? Could also be the oil filter- did you use the same type?

Api rates the oil's conformity to the latest engine requirements, eg, low lead fuels, resistance to shearing, additive package for detergency and dispersants. In short, it rates the oil's capacity to protect new engine technology. But there are oils that work better with certain engines even if the Api rating is not the latest.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    ung caltex energy is supposed to be designed for cars 2.0 & above... pwede din kaya yun with older engines like with a 90' galant?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I'm driving a 89 sentra yung sampaloc ang tawag nila sa engine model actually i think sobrang tanda na nya. Ask ko lang kung pwede pa syang lagyan ng semi synthetic oil? Due na ko for oil change kasi. I heard before kasi na when you use na semi or fully synthetic di ka na pwedeng bumalik sa mineral. Help naman po. Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Motor Oil