New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yun corolla namin nag stop yun odo when we had the clutch disc replaced. Don't know what happened, may na disconnect siguro.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    usually yung cable daw ng speedo is connected to the tranny. when they replaced the clutch disc, may nakalimutan sila malamang na ibalik ikabit.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i was at buendia auto center one time. i asked about the mileage of an exsior in display. sabi nung mama, "88." pagtingin ko sa odo, nakita ko "68." sorry if this post is conclusive. hindi ko naman sigurado. pero marami na rin ako nabasa about tampered used cars, both digital and analog odo. mayroon din dito sa better living, ung ayala shuttle driver na naka-barong, pansin ko mukhang inistop niya ang speedometer niya. sa mga may balak pa mandaya ng odo, baka karmahin kayo sana! hahaha.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    eek. sa levitown ka, onewaytrip? la lang. hehehehe.

anyway, back on topic, true, masama nga mandaya ng odo kung ibebenta mo rin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung digital, the only way that I KNOW and had a first hand experience is by replacing the entire odometer.

Here's how it is typically done, I've posted this a while ago.

1. buy a spare odometer
    2. use the spare odometer when making long trips or whenever you want to preserve the meter.
    3. install the orig odometer and have your car serviced to CASA. CASA record will reflect the orig odometer which is not regularly used
    4. After CASA service, drive for 3,000 km and put the spare odometer
    5. keep driving but "log" the mileage so you know when to properly change the oil
    6. Have another shop (NON-CASA) or DIY oil change with your spare odometer
    7. after three months, go back to CASA with the orig odometer

viola, low mileage car and then sell it. Hence, the logbook you found.

kahit JDM pa ang spare odometer, it doesnt matter dahil gagamitin mo lang naman yon to rack up the mileage. Alternate the non-CASA to CASA service para hindi halata ng CASA na ambilis mo bumalik although one month pa lang since your last oil change. Or you can make an excuse that you like to have the oil changed every 1,000km kahit na naka 5,000km ka na for a month.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pero diba some cars store the actual odo reading on their ECU?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    pero diba some cars store the actual odo reading on their ECU?
    like what car? or buy a surplus ECU or reflash. Eh di 0km pa di ba? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    usually yung cable daw ng speedo is connected to the tranny. when they replaced the clutch disc, may nakalimutan sila malamang na ibalik ikabit.
    http://www.boss302.com/speedo.htm

Quote Originally Posted by umzzzzz
    kapag pinalitan ng dash malamang na-reset na yun anu?
    hindi ma-re-reset ang odometer kahit alisin mo pa ang odometer itself. (disconnect the cable behind the odometer, the reading will be the same.)
    Last edited by Karding; February 12th, 2006 at 08:08 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    Kung digital, the only way that I KNOW and had a first hand experience is by replacing the entire odometer.

Here's how it is typically done, I've posted this a while ago.

1. buy a spare odometer
    2. use the spare odometer when making long trips or whenever you want to preserve the meter.
    3. install the orig odometer and have your car serviced to CASA. CASA record will reflect the orig odometer which is not regularly used
    4. After CASA service, drive for 3,000 km and put the spare odometer
    5. keep driving but "log" the mileage so you know when to properly change the oil
    6. Have another shop (NON-CASA) or DIY oil change with your spare odometer
    7. after three months, go back to CASA with the orig odometer

viola, low mileage car and then sell it. Hence, the logbook you found.

kahit JDM pa ang spare odometer, it doesnt matter dahil gagamitin mo lang naman yon to rack up the mileage. Alternate the non-CASA to CASA service para hindi halata ng CASA na ambilis mo bumalik although one month pa lang since your last oil change. Or you can make an excuse that you like to have the oil changed every 1,000km kahit na naka 5,000km ka na for a month.
    May pinakita dati sa Auto Motor&Sport (sa Channel 25) na nagmomodify ng odo. Yung equipment niya de-pindot lang napapalitan yung reading!

Put it this way: given the right equipment and knowledge, a digital odo is EASIER to tamper with than an analog odo (de-pindot lang imbis na de-ikot). I like the mechanical odos, they're cute heheheh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May pinakita dati sa Auto Motor&Sport (sa Channel 25) na nagmomodify ng odo. Yung equipment niya de-pindot lang napapalitan yung reading!

Put it this way: given the right equipment and knowledge, a digital odo is EASIER to tamper with than an analog odo (de-pindot lang imbis na de-ikot). I like the mechanical odos, they're cute heheheh.
    for a normal driver/owner/seller, buying that fancy stuff isnt cost effective. Maybe for most dealerships then can afford that since their ROI on that equipment is faster. pero para kay juan delacruz, spare odometer lang ang katapat nyan ;)

using a non-CASA will ensure that your orig mileage is not recorded on their networked records.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    karding: ahhhh. hmmm. hehehehe.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
milleage reading.. can be changed?