New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    i hear annoying sound from my differential. but as speed increases, the sound diminishes. im planning to have it check. a friend advised that it needs machine shop works. medyo magastos daw. anything i need to expect pag mabuksan na? would a toyota pick up differential fit to an isuzu xto car?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Rear differential sometimes its hard to point the real cause of noise, could it be the brake or the wheel axle/bearing. By the way, what kind of noise is this? Kind like grinding, knocking or humm type of noise. A rough axle bearing will generaly a constant humm type noise...subukan mo munang palitan yong diff. lube w/ proper additive, and see what happen.

Here's some hints to trouble shoot the rear noise. Raise the back end of your pick up and spin the wheel listen for noise. If you have a drum brake check if the spring's are broken or loose or any presence of grease that not suppose to be there, if there is, the bearing is bad and start leaking grease.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    bro, thanks for your suggestion. ill try it tomorrow. ill inform you of the results.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    could also be your tires and crossjoints.

maingay na differential