New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Anybody who owns a 03 8seater CRV with aftermarket lowering spings installed? Please share the pros and cons of having one. Will it make the ride softer since the OEM springs for the 8seater is actually stifter than the 5 seater crv. I installed in my CRV a 18'inch RIM with a brigestone G3 235/50 tires planning to get an after market loweing springs but need to seek ur inputs first. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I think lowering SUVs is nuts. People who want to drop should have gotten cars in the first place.

Anyway, lowering springs should make your vehicle stiffer. It may also be bouncy if the shock absorbers are too soft.

If your focus is improving ride, you may want to get the 5-seater springs instead. But don't fill up the third row anymore, as the stiffer springs are designed to carry the extra 3 people.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    lowering springs ang more firmer.. handles better.. for me its better rather than the bouncy feel of stock springs

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    on your 8 seater crv, tanabe lowering springs will actually improve the ride.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, same sentiments as speedyfix. a friend of mine gave the same comments when he dropped his V.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    on your 8 seater crv, tanabe lowering springs will actually improve the ride.
    Thanks speedyfix, would you know were i can get one? and the price perhaps? Is H&R a good quality also?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    we carry tanabe items in the shop. pm or text me nalang for the price

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slicker_boi
    I think lowering SUVs is nuts. People who want to drop should have gotten cars in the first place.

Anyway, lowering springs should make your vehicle stiffer. It may also be bouncy if the shock absorbers are too soft.

If your focus is improving ride, you may want to get the 5-seater springs instead. But don't fill up the third row anymore, as the stiffer springs are designed to carry the extra 3 people.

amen bro.

Lowering Springs for CRV 03 Share the pros and cons