New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello admins & every one; gusto ko pong ibaba ang rear ng hi-lander '97 ko; oldy na siya pero gusto ko pa ring ayusin kahit luma... ano po ba ang the best way to lower it; is it changing my shock; replace my leaf spring; pls. help me w/o costing me too much; pls. let me know...

thanks chris

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Change out the shackles... less compromise than removing a leaf from the springs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    its very easy to lower the rear of the hi-lander due to the orientation of the rear suspension which is spring under axle.

-first you decide how many inches (xx) you want it lowered.

-then make a steel spacer that is (xx) thick as wide as the leaf springs, and about 6 inches long, with a hole in the middle as big as the center bolt.

-buy longer U-bolts that is (xx) inches longer than the originals, and longer center bolt.

-install the spacer in between the axle and the leaf pack.

-make sure to trim the bump stop if its too near the axle.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir ty poh sa info.; pero sir pede poh add nyo pa ng info. 'bout this... tsaka what shld. i buy materials yung trusted nyo poh ; kailangan po ba ng lowering shock or not.

sir kailangan poh pa ako mag-change ng tires n mags 4 sure poh db? siguro sir mga mid lang poh yung gusto ko ibaba sa hi-lander ko.

ty poh;
    chris3702

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    do dont need to change the shocks since the shock mount will not be touched, it will remain in its original place and height. only the axle will move upwards from where it usually seats on the leaf springs.

for the lowering block you can buy flat bar and have a hole drilled in the middle, you can just stack it up if you buy 1/2 thick each to the desired lowered height you want.

cost for the spaces will be from 200 to 300 at your suking metal shops, longer u-bolts good quality around 300 to 400 each x4. longer center bolt from 50 to 100 each x 2 plus labor. actually pwede ito DIY if you want.

lowering my rear