New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    5000 thousand k /2 months whichever comes first ako castrol 20w/50gtx pa din ran a vw jetta 130,000 miles lakas pa rin humatak!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had my change oil at a shell station in pasig last saturday.
    they have this P900 package for the change oil that includes the 1 gallon super helix, bosch oil filter and a complete check-up on my car's belts, brakes and fluids.

P150/liter ang gear oil, i had it changed na rin kasi.
    a lancer has a 1.7liter gear oil capacity pla?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my gen2 cr-v calls for 10,000 km/6 months fully-synthetic oil changes, pero i've elected to go for mineral oil every 5,000 km nalang. nauuna yung 6 months than 10,000 km sa amin e, no sense to spend for the fully synthetic. take note na every 6 months ang interval ng honda even on fully synthetic, not 12 months, and not necessarily at 10,000 km! make sure you follow your manufacturer's schedule (whether 6 months or 12 months or 10,000 km) and don't base it on just the odometer reading.

so yung schedule ko na ay PMS with oil change every 10,000 km and a basic oil and oil filter change every 5,000 km.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    every 5,000km kung hindi fully synthetic ang gagamitin mo at 10,000km kung fully synthetic ang oil na gagamitin mo...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Semi-synthetic and Synthetic are obviously better than mineral-based motor oils, but modern day non synthetics should be good enough to handle the demands of the engines especially when changed on a timely manner.

I've 'heard' somebody say "pang city driving lang, kaya....". On the contrary, city driving is harder on the engine and the oil than constant speed highway driving. In the city, the car has to stop and go a whole lot and that translates to more engine wear as the engine takes the load of accelerating the car everytime you move the car from rest. There is also extended idling periods. It is important to understand that the engine produces the most pollutants when idling and when accelerating, and the least amount when cruising or decelerating. Some of these pollutants find their way past the rings and end up getting mixed with the oil thereby using up their protective properties. If you look up the owner's manual, you will notice there are 2 oil change schedules suggested: Normal and Severe Driving Conditions. Under Sever Driving Conditions, you will notice City Driving listed in there together with Heavy Towing and Dusty Road Driving among others. Honda recommends 5T kms for Severe Driving and 10T kms for Normal Driving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
kelan magpa change oil???