New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    the m50 and m52 engines have timing chains afaik
    how can one tell the difference between the 2 (m50 and m52)?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dx8976
    how can one tell the difference between the 2 (m50 and m52)?
    The lazy way - M52 with the oil filler cap up front, way back for the M50 ... I think There are other ways, of course.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    How much is it to have the waterpump replaced tsaka yun rear subframe shock mounts? My 10 yr old E36 is ok but if it's a maintenance thing to have those replaced then i'll do that. Naka 70,000km na yun kotse ko. Thanks in advance.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    recently changed my valve cover gasket and had a peek inside..tiptop condition pa pati ang timing chain. 52k kms.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    That is so weird.....i drove my E36 (325is) for just over 2 years and never had a major problem with it.....The only thing that bothered me was the service lamp that lights up and i have to go to a fancy shop to have it reset..i used to change my own oil since i get my Mobil-1 oil real cheap.....but the only thing that i changed was brake pads and the 2 belts.....good thing is that they use timing gear/chain so i never worry about breaking it....aside from that, it was virtually maintenance free in my part (also true with my previous E46).

Check this Site Reset Oil Service Reset Light http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/ele...ce_lights.html

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    easy lang to reset the light as long as you have a tool, should't be too expensive pa.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Just came from the CASA, Sira nanaman ang BMW ko!