New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    may jump start kit ba kyo?

saan kaya ako makakabili ng magandang jump start kit. yun may battery na sa loob tpos hook up mo nlng sa car then start na.

may nakita ako sa ace ok ba yun mga nandun and how much ba yun price ng ganito? ano brand maganda bilhin? saan kya meron png ibang stores?

thnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Seen some in hardware stores, opted for the cheaper jumper cable wires since there are lots of cars roaming around wherein I could ask for help.

At the same time I get to meet people from all sorts and find a new friend.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Seen some in hardware stores, opted for the cheaper jumper cable wires since there are lots of cars roaming around wherein I could ask for help.

At the same time I get to meet people from all sorts and find a new friend.
    Certainly, not the sort of qualities to look for in a gadget if we're thinking of something to give to a woman or girl we care about.

I've seen some of those advertised in imported magazines. One of which is a battery just a little longer than the hand and is easily stored in the glove compartment. It comes with a plug that fits right into the car's lighter socket, whereupon you wait about 2 mins before starting the car.

The only problem with it is if the lighter socket fuse blows, then you're still as stranded as you ever were. That's why I still prefer the more reliable, albeit more expensive, portable hand-carry battery charger/jump-starter, which comes with a charge-meter that tells you when to recharge it in the house again.

The previous example was only good for about 5 starts before it became disposable, though its major advantage is in not having to get out of the car to use it. That, plus the hassle of finding/uncovering the battery's pos and neg terminals, IN THE DARK, that is if you forgot to equip your wife or girlfriend's car with an emergency LED flashlight(I chose an LED flashlight as an example because they hardly run out of battery and they almost never burn out--plus they're much smaller and can easily be stored in a purse). All you have to do is plug it in the lighter socket or one of the auxilliary power outlets inside the cabin and you're good to go.

Oh, and I forgot. Some of them actually can recharge from the car's alternator if left plugged into the socket.

jump start kit!!