New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    2004 civic vti-s po ang ride ko. i usually do short trips at an average of 4.5kms (4 times a week), sometimes i do 18kms (thrice a week); both in moderate cebu traffic. i idle a lot too (eating inside the car). stock denso k20--- ang gamit ko ngayon, planning to go iridiums sa next oil change ko.
    ok po ba ang ik16? or should i go for ik20?
    ive read na ik16s are for city driving and idling, but im afraid of the pre-ignition n detonation (though i dont know in what conditions to these happen).
    considering the very short distances i drive,baka grabeh rin ang fouling pag nag ik20 ako?ayokong palaging high rpm to clean my plugs. mahal na gas ngayon.
    ano ba talaga kuya?! pls help me! thanx in advance sa mga repliers! pls share your experiences and wisdom to newbies!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    on civics we use IK16 iridiums..supposed to give slightly better fuel consumption n better idle n starting,although some say that iridiums are not necessary on a stock engine..i use them anyway, dont notice any real improvement though

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here we go again.

if it aint modified, iridiums arent recommended.

you'll never go wrong with oem's...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    thanks sa mga opinions nyo. i guess ill give iridiums a shot, pag wala akong nakitang improvement sa fuel economy, go back to stock plugs nalang ako after a year.
    magkano ba ang denso K20PR-U11 sparks? yun ang stock plugs ko ngayon. planning to change every 6mos nalang kung cheap siya, don't know how to clean sparks nga eh, coz im afraid of taking out the sparks from my engine, i dont know how to put it back. na-intimidated ako when i read the manual, may pa-torque pa sa pag screw...kakainis kasi yung casa walang pake sa pag-service, di man lang nilinis yung sparks ko. pinuno pa ng TAP water ang coolant reservoir ko, eh klarong2 nman ang sabi ng sticker sa ilalim ng hood "use a a 50/50 solution of coolant and DISTILLED water; NEVER DILUTE the coolant, it will SERIOUSLY shorten the life of your engine." bakit kaya ganon ang casa? maybe they want the cars of their customers na masira kaagad para bili na naman ang customers sa kanila ng bagong model. >:/

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    [I] kkarera kba? common price for iridium P400+ each much better sa spitfire tlga, may gain if u use it sa drag millisecs lang, sa drag mlaking bagay n un. for street use blewala syang lang mgblaze kna lng masmrramdaman m pa hehe

babymim: all you need is a torque wrench + extention and your ready to go. Just follow the steps provided in the manual and ofcourse the don't forget to follow the tightening torque specified in the manual.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala ka improvements makikita AT ALL except for longer service interval, the cost doesn't justify it.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa drag meron nmam msmaganda ang time, for street tama ka blewala

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    uhm... with all due respect to casa. no need to tighten with a torque wrench... hand tightening is good enough as long as you don't overdo it.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hand tite 1st n 3/4 turn ng wrench ayos kna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
iridium question na naman po.:)