New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    are springs of the same car brand interchangeable? for example, cefiro and sentra, civic and accord, pwede ba pagpalitin? kasi i want to lower the front of my cefiro by half inch lang. wala naman ganong lowering spring na .5 lang ang drop. maybe if i buy the OE front springs of sentra, then because of the heavier engine of the cefiro, mas malolower sha ng konti.

help please.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i doubt if they can be interchanged.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope hindi sila interchangeable. ask fusrion R kung meron silang available na H&R OE drop (1") for your cefiro.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    di nga sya pwede interchange dude. springs are made specifically for a certain type of car.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i see. thanks for the tips. anyway, pano ko madadrop ng .5 inch yung harap? walang springs na ganun kakonti yung drop e. pangit din daw putol at compress... pano kaya yan...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kuha ka na lang ng lowering.. about 1.5 inch lang naman yun... hinde naman ganun kababa pag para sa akin... hehehe..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some can be interchanged but you will have to experiment.

Nissan Patrol GQ springs can fit some Pajero models.

GEN II Pajero coil springs can be put into GEN I Pajero's [with coil rear] for a bit of a lift.

Ika nga nila, if the shoe fits. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can get the lowering springs which will lowe your car about 1.5 inches... then add rubber "lifters" which will add 1 inch in ride height.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wow possible pala e! so how do i compare different stock springs if they'll fit? sa top and bottom diameter lang ba yun?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ayos yang naisip ni ghosthunter ah... tama nga naman... less 1.5 inch then add 1.0 inch then you get a .5 inch drop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Interchangeable SPRINGS