New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by elterrible View Post
    Pareng niky medyo tama ka.... This is what they did... The primary muffler is still intact... The secondary muffler or the resonator "ung sa bandang ilalim ng transmission" was removed and was replaced by sa Fireball copy freeflow muffler.... SOBRANG INGAY... Kalampagan sa ilalaim... Humina ung hatak ng sasakyan ko... Dti kc mga 7 to 10 secs nkaka 100 kph na aq, but now kyang abutin kaso parang hirap ung mkina.... Wat do i need to do in order to boost my torque and add a little hp pero buo pa din ung 2nog ng muffler "ung tama lng"...

Guyz ung primary muffer ba ay pdeng palitan ng powerflow? May inooffer kc sila sa akin... Pampabuo daw ng 2nog... 22o ba i2?
    yung sinsabi mong primary muffler ay yan yung tinatawag na catalytic converter kung di ako nagkakamali,at sa kaso ng exhaust system mo,kung pinalitan mo ng the same diameter ang pipe nito,yes magkakaroon sya ng epekto sa takbo ng car mo dahil inincrease mo yung backpressure nya(high backpressure low power,low backpressure more power,,,kung gusto mong iupgrade ang exhaust components(pipes),increase the diameter of the pipes from its original one by 10-15% from resonator down to muffler(free flowing muffler)and you will be gaining 2 to 3 more hp and 3 engine torque.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Guyz.. Thnx sa mga reply nyo... This is wat I did knina... I bought a "powerflow resonator" and I ask the shop to upgrade my pipes from the resonator going to my muffler... Your are correct guyz.. I gained a lil hp and torque and it also reduced the noise....

Follow up question lng guyz... Can I remove the primary muffler or the so called "catalytic converter"? Can I change that into a powerflow resonator also? Will I gain torque and hp if I am going to remove that and have it change??? TIA....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wala yatang catalytic converter yung local ESi... but I might be wrong, as the US version has one. Check what it looks like inside. Cats have a mesh covering the inlet, while resonators are straight through.

If your engine is in good condition, it should be okay. My car is running catless and it's far, far below allowable hydrocarbon emissions for 2003 and up vehicles (according to LTO standards) and still within Euro standards (although I can't find exact conversions).

Honda's small engines were originally conceived to pass previous emissions requirements without cats, so as long as it's in good tune, with no sensor, spark plug or compression problems, it should be okay.

Of course, the easiest solution is to buy a high-flow cat. BUt that's expensive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    SO kung aalisin ko ung primary muffler or ung so called "cat converter" and change it into a powerflow resonator mas bibilis kaya ang hatak at takbo ko??
    Dagdag torque at HP ba i2?..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO

Upgrading your exhaust system is the least cost-effective way of adding hp & torque output to a small-displacement engine.

Simply put, there are a lot things that can go wrong when upgrading an exhaust system unless it is a bolt-on upgrade. A sloppy welding job will even impede the flow of your exhaust. :nono:

A port-and-polish from a reputable shop (plus a free flow air intake) is the best stepping stone for future upgrades.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    IMO

Upgrading your exhaust system is the least cost-effective way of adding hp & torque output to a small-displacement engine.

Simply put, there are a lot things that can go wrong when upgrading an exhaust system unless it is a bolt-on upgrade. A sloppy welding job will even impede the flow of your exhaust. :nono:

A port-and-polish from a reputable shop (plus a free flow air intake) is the best stepping stone for future upgrades.
    That much is true. One sloppy weld will produce about as much backpressure as a catalytic converter. Medyo mahal magpagawa ng mandrel bent exhaust o bumili ng original headers, but these will produce the most power.

I got most of my gains from the headers, a custom bent pipe didn't give me any additional power, so I'm going to a mandrel place this week and leaving the car there.

Actually, the most cost-effective is really a set of original headers. Intake alone gives very little power, as does a muffler alone. An original set of headers can give you 5-8 hp alone, without any further mods.

Headworks, medyo nakakatakot unless the machine shop knows what it's doing, but if you research it well enough, and do it at a shop with a flowbench (ATI in Cavite supposedly has one), the gains will be good. If the shop isn't experienced, delikado yun...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    nde b i2 magastos sa gas?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Pero ang dami ko pa din nakikita na naka downpipe at naka scub sa kalsada.Madalas na nakikita kong nakadownpipe Honda SIR.
    Pwede ka magdownpipe kung nakaset up na ang makina mo yun nga lang mawawalan ka ng torque.
    Nung nanood ako ng drag racing sa Manila Harbour Center.Meron naka downpipe na SIR.Idling niya tahimik pero pag nasa mid range to high rpm ang ingay na. paano ba yun?

OT: elterrible sali ka sa club ko.Saan ba location mo?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Magastos? Kung well-tuned yung system mo, meaning to say, maganda ang top end na di sobrang bawas ang torque, okay ang gas consumption niya (basta di ka humahataw).

Kung sobrang open ang exhaust... kawawa ka sa gas bills...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Pare anong auto club yan? Tga Kalookan me... Sa may C3... Studying pa me... Sa intramuros me banda nag aaral... Bulok kotse ko eh... Bka nde pumasa sa taste nyo....

Pareng niky: mhilig me humataw... kaka antok kc pag mbagal... plagi 95 octane na gas pinapalagay ko... Mhina kc hatak ng 93 octane na gas...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Humina ung hatak after ko mag downpipe