New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Bkit kaya guyz? Ganito kc ang ginawa... Pinutol ung tubo sa ilalim den doon nilagay ang muffler... Inalis din pla ung resonator... Humina ang hatak ng sasakyan ko.. Bkit kaya? Btw my car is Civic ESI..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ano details ng downpipe? was it bigger in diameter than stock? anong config - 4 pipes converging to 1 and onwards or 4 pipes converging to 2 then converging to 1?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    first of mali yata yung term na downpipe.Anyway you lost back pressure kaya humina hatak auto mo.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    kinda confused here....are you saying that your car didnt have a muffler to begin with?(running straight pipe?) and they cut the pipe and added a muffler? or...they added a second muffler on the exhaust system? or...they changed the muffler? or did they relocate the muffler?

if you were running straight pipe(no muffler) and they added the muffler..then yes.its called back pressure.you will definetly loose some torque.

if they added a second muffler(which i doubt)...then your axhaust is working harder breathing.

if they changed the muffler.....that means your using a non-high flow muffler

if it was relocation...it could be all 3 and/or more pipes to go around before exiting the exhaust.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think what he means is that they cut the pipe in the middle (deleting the stock muffler and resonator) and they put a resonator muffler there mid-chassis.

This is the "scav" or "scavenger" exhaust favored by rice-boys and street-racers... and yes, it'll have a horrible effect on low-end torque and mid-range power.

Basically, the shorter your pipe, the higher the theoretical top horsepower is and the lower the torque.

Eventually, you get to the point where your peak horsepower comes at rpms that your engine can't actually reach, and all you get is lost torque, lag and poor performance unless you drive at 7000 rpm all the time.

Pare, just get a straight pipe and stick a muffler at the end. Put the resonator back, too. a lousy additional 5 hp from the "scav" at 7000 rpm isn't worth losing all your torque everywhere else.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Pareng niky medyo tama ka.... This is what they did... The primary muffler is still intact... The secondary muffler or the resonator "ung sa bandang ilalim ng transmission" was removed and was replaced by sa Fireball copy freeflow muffler.... SOBRANG INGAY... Kalampagan sa ilalaim... Humina ung hatak ng sasakyan ko... Dti kc mga 7 to 10 secs nkaka 100 kph na aq, but now kyang abutin kaso parang hirap ung mkina.... Wat do i need to do in order to boost my torque and add a little hp pero buo pa din ung 2nog ng muffler "ung tama lng"...

Guyz ung primary muffer ba ay pdeng palitan ng powerflow? May inooffer kc sila sa akin... Pampabuo daw ng 2nog... 22o ba i2?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    downpipe? dba pang turbong makina lang yun... anyway tama mga sir natin..baka nawalan nga ng back pressure..cguro mas maganda sir ibalik mo nalang yung dating setup pero palitan mo nalang yung resonator ng hi flow.. tapos muffler...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    San b banda ung resonator? ung primary b or ung secondary? sori kc noob me sa exhaust eh....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I guess the first question is, what is it that you want to achieve? Power at high RPMs or low to mid range torque?

You'll have to dyno your car to be sure you get what you want. Niky's right, there's a point where if it's too short, it becomes useless.

And what application? Kasi kung sa kalye lang din naman ibalik mo na lang yung stock, di pa masakit sa tenga.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Fireball is too big, most likely.

I'm guessing your car is a 1.6, right? First: Put a flexi-tube between your headers and the midpipe, this will help with the "kalampag"... if needed, put another one before the muffler. Flexi-tubes may cause a little back-pressure, but they're good for peace-of-mind.

Limit your mid-pipe to 2"... better yet, for regular 1.6s (not those MIVECs or B16As), do just 1 7/8" for a little more torque.

Get a good resonator with the same interior diameter as your midpipe. Check the interior for metal protruding into the airflow... this is bad for power and torque, and causes back-pressure. If you can, have them file away those little bits, as it'll improve flow.

Get a good muffler. If you've got a stock muffler, it might be coming apart inside from the pressure you're putting through it... ...with a good long resonator and a reasonably nice "glasspack" muffler, you should get decent top-end, decent torque and a smooth sound. Don't settle for the cheaper mufflers, better to test-sound them before installation.

This'll cost you money, but I hope it helps.

-----

I don't really see the point of "scav" exhausts... man, when the pipe fell out of one of my older cars (stupid frigging Nodalos...), it lost a whole lot of torque and power. Sure, there's some kick high up in the rpm range, but it's near completely unusable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Humina ung hatak after ko mag downpipe