New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i just rececently had my windshield replaced, and no im having a minor problem with my rear view mirror... how do i stick it up in there? what's the best type of adhesive should i use to keep the darn thing from falling off? i tried using 3M doule sided tape... unfortunately, it's not strong enough to handle the mirror's weight.. please help.. hirap mag drive ng walang rear view mirror eh... thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i just recently had my windshield replaced, and now im having a minor problem with my rear view mirror... how do i stick it up in there? what's the best type of adhesive that i should use to keep the darn thing from falling off? i tried using 3M double sided tape... unfortunately, it's not strong enough to handle the mirror's weight.. ano po ba yung ginagamit sa factory or sa casa for this purpose? please help.. hirap mag drive ng walang rear view mirror eh... thanks in advance...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    30 tape would have been my first suggestion... are you using the automotive grade tape?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    auto glass shops have this sticky black sealant they use for windshield installation. they also use it to stick the rear view mirror on the windshield. it should cost you P50.00 if you bring it to them. be sure that the windshield and the base of the mirror is clean when securing it in place. detach the rear view mirror from its base prior to installation so as not to put weight while it is still not cured. when i did mine, i cleaned the windshield portion to attach the mirror and base of the mirror with denatured alcohol. wait a few minutes for it dry and applied sealant on the base of the mirror and stick it to the windshield. held it in place for 2 minutes and let go. waited 3 days for it dry and cure. finally, i attached the mirror to the base. 3 months passed and still in tact. another solution which would cost you some money is to order the real adhesive on amazon.com. it is called rear view mirror adhesive kit.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wickednasty View Post
    i just rececently had my windshield replaced, and no im having a minor problem with my rear view mirror... how do i stick it up in there? what's the best type of adhesive should i use to keep the darn thing from falling off? i tried using 3M doule sided tape... unfortunately, it's not strong enough to handle the mirror's weight.. please help.. hirap mag drive ng walang rear view mirror eh... thanks in advance...
    try using the 3M exterior mounting tape. it's double sided too but stronger than their regular double sided tape coz it's for outdoors and all-weather. you can get a roll at ace hardware or handyman

how do i stick 'em up?