New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Peeps,

My friend bought a second hand Jazz 1.3 CVT. Everything was going a-ok for around 6 months, then all of a sudden, ang hina humatak ng Jazz. The engine revs okay but when shifted to D puro rev and ang hina ng hatak.

Definitely a tranny problem.

Anyhow, the car was brought to honda, and is still being diagnosed. The frickin tranny was quoted at 300 thousand bucks. Deym. Funny thing is, until now (a week na ata) they still have no idea what's wrong with it!

Anyone have an idea what's wrong or have experienced the same problem?

Is there anyone outside of honda who can help fix this?

I havent heard of anyone overhauling a CVT just yet. My personal theory is that the belt inside needs to be replaced.

Any input appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Whow! 300k? A jazz costs how much???
    If manual ang jazz...mga 400k lng dapat sya...Hmm...Grabe pricing.
    But then 6 months lng yun car, u might get them to replace the tranny for free.

Btw, I don't think its the belt, else your car won't move. Because of slippage or break. Might be the tranny is stuck in a position where there's weaker torque. ie. 4th (manual mode) <- gets ba?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The CVT is known to have a recall from Honda. If it hasn't been done yet you should mention it to them so that it will be repaired under the recall (free).

Have a 2nd opinion as well at another dealer.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^i think i that saw that bit of news in the cnn scroll thingy but sadly i wasn't able to hear out the details. honda and mitsubishi ata iyong nag-issue ng recall in japan(?)

iyan pala ang sakit ng cvt tranny. our 2 year old jazz is ok so far but i do dread the day when its tranny would need a major maintenance repair down the road. dami din ata kasi itong electronic components kaya mabigat. ito yata down side talaga ng modern a/t trannies in general

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a CVT Jazz for 2 year, at ok naman sya.

The recall was just to replace the ATF fluid. Mali daw ang nalagay sa factory when they build those Jazz in Thailand. They'll change it for free.

Try to do a CVT reset. I know it was posted here before. Ever tried the 7 speed mode? Ganoon pa ba rin?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When our Jazz is at an incline it still rolls backwards slightly. Dapat mag lock siya di ba?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    Anyhow, the car was brought to honda, and is still being diagnosed. The frickin tranny was quoted at 300 thousand bucks.
    Grabe taga naman niyan.

If CVT related nga ang sira, then mukhang may improvements pa needed sa CVT designs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Grabe this is so laughable it's not even funny.

Honda Philippines, according to Honda Libis, only imports WHOLE trannys! And not tranny parts!

WAT DA PAK!!!

So anything mechanical that goes wrong will entail replacement of the WHOLE transmission!!! Ay tinapay!!!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I have my 18 month old 1.5 CVT, so far so good wala pang problem
    he must try / or have second opininon in other casas or checked with the Honda Guru's

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    When our Jazz is at an incline it still rolls backwards slightly. Dapat mag lock siya di ba?
    Our almost 3 year old Jazz 1.3L CVT is okay so far.

OT: ours also rolls backwards. It is probably because of the infinite gear ratio of the CVT tranny.

3404:surfing:

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz CVT Problems