New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Honda casa peeps are too stupid to know the difference between ATF and CVTF. If you don't check on them they might pour gear oil into your CVT

They once put type1 coolant on my type2 car The honda mentality is that both are coolants so either should be fine

ergo....

ATF and CVTF could be used interchangeably
    Last edited by afrasay; February 2nd, 2008 at 12:12 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Before you do that dip half of the manual in the ATF, the other in CVTF. Rub, then ask them, anu ba feel mo?
    Ahahahaha! Panalo hirit mo boss

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    so iba talaga dapat cvt fluid than regular atf....sabi ko na nga ba noon, but SA's and mechanics there at casas insist na ATF lang din daw ginagamit...

paano yan may signs na ng premature deterioration ang cvt ng mga 2003-2005up na cvt jazz/city....lalo na sa di nakakaalam ng mga to..

I think that there will be some level of premature deterioration on those Honda cars with CVT, especially when the vehicle's mileage is already high, because they used the not-so-proper fluid on the transmission. This is probably the reason why the recall was not publicly announced but they personally called the last known owner based on their records,- saying that this was a "product upgrade",- now I remember the term they used.

I am not that worried though, because our Jazz has very low mileage...

But hey! the cars were assembled in Thailand. As a normal practice, do they fill in the fluids here in the Philippines? I don't think so.....

5202:threadmil:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    honda sells cvt fluid. only use that for a cvt transmission.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

This is probably the reason why the recall was not publicly announced but they personally called the last known owner based on their records,- saying that this was a "product upgrade",- now I remember the term they used.
    now i remember. this was the term they also used on us, but the thing is, the so-called "product upgrade" was made during one of the jazz's regular pms. i don't remember honda calling anyone of us for this special procedure though

btw, our jazz just turned 3 years old last month and so far, there's nothing to complain about w/ regards to its tranny performance. but nevertheless, i'll be checking on the job orders as soon as i can to determine the kind of fluids the casa used on the car's tranny

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    now i remember. this was the term they also used on us, but the thing is, the so-called "product upgrade" was made during one of the jazz's regular pms. i don't remember honda calling anyone of us for this special procedure though

btw, our jazz just turned 3 years old last month and so far, there's nothing to complain about w/ regards to its tranny performance. but nevertheless, i'll be checking on the job orders as soon as i can to determine the kind of fluids the casa used on the car's tranny

You're exactly right bro. They do it at the same time with your regular PMS... That's what I understand, too, based on previous discussions with a couple of friends....

However, our Jazz has very low mileage, about 5T Km per year, so we do not go to Honda that often for the vehicle's PMS.... Reason why they're following us up through telephone calls....

5303:burp:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hello mga kapatid,

i am also a prospective 1.3 city cvt buyer. i was at honda alabang today to do a test drive. i also asked regarding this matter. service guy advised that they only put cvt specific fluid (color yellow) on the cvt tranny and not ATF (red color). i did not get the chance to ask regarding the recall or whatever transpired on earlier occasions. FYI hope this helps you all!

cheers!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hmmm. check ko mamaya sa akin if red or yellow

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mine is red!!!!!!!!!!! paano ko ireklamo ito sa casa? paano ko sabihin na magpachange ako to CVT-F?

jerky na talaga siya masyado. parang malagkit ang feeling ko mag drive.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Claim it under warranty... bring it to your regular casa, they should have your full service records, and log your complaint.

Bring a camera and take pictures, too, of the engine and the ATF, and get copies of your service records to back up the complaint.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda CVT-F