New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    pma towing 7230808
    wheelers 3733536/ 3734544

bring it to the shop if you like. sandali lang to check yan and we can estimate it based on what comes out

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hi,
    I just want to share my experience because i've notice that you are experiencing all the symptoms i've experience before which i don't took seriously and now i have to either overhaul my engine or replace the engine totally.

Just like yours my car is very difficult to start specially when i turned-off my engine everytime i load gas in a station after 30+ mins of driving specially in traffic. I've also noticed na madalas tumataas ang temperature ko pero very seldom naman ako nag-overheat because na-aagapan ko kagad by applying the standard procedures of handling overheats.
    I've also notice na lumalabas yun yellow(engine) icon sa guage ko every time na nasa on mode ako pero nawawala din sya after mag-start na yung engine.
    By the way my car is also honda esi.

Dahil dito, nagpaoverhaul ako ng radiator and nagpaayos ng starter then medyo naging ok din sya for a couple of weeks, then bumalik din yun sakit. The big bang came to me last holy week when i took the car in our province, at first i've notice na ang pagtaas sa temparature which became normal na rin for me pero after that mga 3-4 times akong nag-overheat then i've notice na humahalo na yun tubig sa langis. Right now, i have to tow pa my car from relative's house in muntinlupa where i've left it 2 weeks ago to my house in q.c. sakit sa ulo talaga pag lumala ang sakit from simple problems.

I suggest na i pacheck mo na ang mga water pump and everything related to your cooling system before it's to late. Normally mahirap talagang mag-start ang makina pag mainit ito. For full details of my cuurrent situation, you can visit my topic here at tsikot. Good thing maraming nakakaintindi sa site na ito. Kudos to all tsikoters!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    pls.help.... i have a honda esi also. at overheating din ang problem ko. nagpalagay ako ng thermostat kaso nawala ung aircon. am still using it pro ang ginagamit ko fan nlang kasi ayaw nga ung aircon.then after bigla nwala na din ung fan biglang taas ung temperature,at maingay na makina. buti malapit nako ng house pero umuusok na siya sa sobrang init.
    i got really scared.... sabi ng friend ko ipakita ko daw ung water pump then overhaul ng radiator.
    does anybody know how much is a water pump and a radiator. i think hindi na kaya ng overhaul.
    Bakit kaya nawala na din ung fan at nagoverheat na din ???? connected din ba siya sa mga auxilliary fans. ??????
    hope anybody would help.im so confused

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Frequent overheating could warp your cylinderhead or damage your cylinderhead gasket. Hopefully it is just the latter.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sounds like my ESI a few years back... i suggest you consult a trusted mechanic and always get second opinion...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    3x nag overheat.. siguro may sensor yan na kung saan na parang safety nya na pag overheat,, hindi sya mag start po...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i almost forgot... since you have the the check engine... this is DIY. you can diagnose and detect what sensor or part is the culprit. it is under your glove compartment on the passengers side. you can short it then set it to on (without starting) then observe the check engine light you can count long and short blinks then you can refer the table from your manual which sensor is pointing it to. parang morse code sya. i have it in pdf pero nasa 90mb i got it from hcp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
honda civic esi 95 start-up problem