New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ...at first,im having overheating problem.everytime we overheat, we stop and put some water in the radiator and drive again.this worked for us for sometime.last friday,im about to let the radiator be overhauled but here come the real problem:

the engine won't start now!
    this happened after we have the fuel gauge repaired.then way back home, we got 3x overheating problem.then when we arrived back home, i cant restart my engine anymore...the battery is fine...my uncle's diagnosis was there's no fuel being pumped or "barado".so he tried to tighten the joints of current distributor wirings as well as opened the fuel filter to release some gas, and it worked for 3 times...but when we arrived, the process that we did before won't do it anymore.
    we pumped the gas, start,pump,start...but cant start the engine...we let the gas checked and theres a lot of gas.we called for a mechanic.he's diagnosis was there's no current being distributed to the engine.he checked the distribution part and said that we need to change it maybe due to a damaged coil. but when we went to banawe to have it tested, there's current but sometimes it dies...so we bought that part for P2000.the current output works fine now.
    when we install back to the car, the same problem...the engine wont start...
    the mechanic did a lot of trick but to no avail..he told us there's an electrical problem....huh!...he got me spending 2000 with a wrong diagnosis..my car is stucked now.tomorrow ill bring it to an electrical mechanic....

also, there's an active yellow figure at the bottom of the gas and temperature panel...some sort of an engine figure.these are my questions

1.what is this?since this appeared, the car wont start anymore...
    2.is this an engine problem from computer box?
    3.what are the possible culprits to this problem?no current distribution?
    4.what's the best thing i can do?

thanks so much

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazerom
    also, there's an active yellow figure at the bottom of the gas and temperature panel...some sort of an engine figure.these are my questions

1.what is this?since this appeared, the car wont start anymore...
    2.is this an engine problem from computer box?
    3.what are the possible culprits to this problem?no current distribution?
    4.what's the best thing i can do?

thanks so much
    1. thats the check engine warning light. there is a problem in your engine.
    2. AFAIK, yes.
    3. plenty.
    4. if you can afford sa casa or any shop na merong pambasa ng error sa computer box, bring it there. you can start the troubleshooting there.
    HTH.
    Last edited by niwde11; April 23rd, 2006 at 12:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mazerom, yes that's the "check engine" indicator, signaling something is wrong with your engine. An option is to tow it to your nearest Honda dealer, for them to analyse, having the equipment, and general understanding of ESI engines. Once they have their analysis, you have an option to get the part #s of what they intend to replace if you want to canvass (say Banawe) first.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    just today, i look for auto electrician.my battery got low so he is charging maybe in 2 hours.so this is an engine problem ...anyway, do you have any idea on the costings of
    1. towing, im in the commonwealth sandigang bayan area
    2. casa for diagnosis

thanks!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    in addition to that, can i continue with my electrician for troubleshooting? he's suspecting the CDI part of the distributor...does it make sense? can i test that part if it functions or not?
    thanks

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazerom
    do you have any idea on the costings of
    1. towing, im in the commonwealth sandigang bayan area
    2. casa for diagnosis
    1. Looks like the closest one is Honda Fairview. What I know is that they can offer towing service themselves. You can try calling them to inquire how much from your area to Honda Fairview.
    2. I think they usually just charge labor for replacement of the parts later, and not necessarily for the diagnosis. Just be wary of what they want replaced. You have an option to be critical of only replacing first the ones that would help a. start your car, and b. solve the overheating/"check engine" light problems. They may see other items, but depending on your budget if you would already want these replaced. You have the right to ask the part #s to canvass whether to get from them or elsewhere.
    Last edited by Autobeat; April 23rd, 2006 at 02:02 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kay speedyfix may reader sya ng ecu, it'll be cheaper than casa... check engine light usually takes reading from sensors only btw, so kung other electrical or mechanical part ang may prob it won't see it as well.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks...does it mean that if they find the electrical problem or say mechanical, there's a possibility that the yellow engine problem will be gone?i have a friend with a toyota 95 model car and he says that they are able to run their car even in the presence of that yellow engine problem..
    also, any idea on the costs of towing from commonwealth sandigang bayan area to the speedy fix and maybe youre kind enough to refer me to a low-cost towing service with phone number..thanks !

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    another question...when you say engine problem(yellow indicator), there's a problem in your engine exclusively or can be due to other parts of your car like radiator, distributor, alarms, electrical wirings, battery....etc? i have no idea on how this computer ox or control box operate...any idea???

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    mazerom. better bring it to speedyfix or call autoteknika in fairview kung ayaw mo sa casa. just call first(autoteknika). yung computer box e parang brain ng kotse mo. magloko nga lang yung speedometer mo e iilaw na yan. halos lahat ng sensor nakakabit dyan. kung yung electrician mo e tipong pang oldschool engine better go to speedyfix. kasi baka nangangapa lang yan. hth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
honda civic esi 95 start-up problem