New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I hit a small signpost while turning around a narrow alley earlier, and the right-side front bumper got a little dislodged, and I think the windshield washer fluid container may have been hit coz' it's leaking. I'm a little worried how I'm going to get this repaired.

It's my first car, and as far as I know, I have comprehensive insurance coverage for it, but my friends kept telling me if I claim insurance for it, I might need to provide a police report (there's none), and that my insurance premium might rise.

Honestly, though, I have no idea about insurance premiums. I'm thinking about calling the dealer shop tomorrow to inquire about how I can process this on my car insurance, but I'm not sure. Any advice, please?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Not sure either. But as far as I know, you may indeed need a police report for the insurance claim.

WRT to the rising insurance premium, that might be possible but hey - that's what the insurance is for.

Try to see if your insurance policy has coverage for "own damage" or something to that effect.

You can bring your car to the CASA tomorrow, but they can't start working on it until your insurance gives the go signal (this is of course, assuming you'll be using the insurance)

Maybe some other guys with more knowledge on this can help out.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For "own damage" claims, you don't need to have a police report. Just a notarized affidavit regarding the accident and some pictures on the damage on the car (with license plate clearly shown).

Do note that you still have to pay the participation fee (ranging from P1000 to P5000) and that alone might make it not worth the cost of claiming insurance on this particular accident-repair.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Have the damage estimated first by a local car repair shop and compare the cost with the participation cost of your insurance.

Hit a small signpost in a narrow alley, small damage on bumper, need help