New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you can do a compression test, you can verify if the compression is still within specs. A slight loose compression is not physically observable (like hatak ng takbo). Or if one or 2 valves lang ang may slight problem ganun din - hindi obvious. A compression test will show numerical figures sa tester and each engine will have its own specs of compression range.

My nissan sunny pick-up had this (inistock ko for 1.5 years kasi ng hindi inistart) so ayun the valve seat ng mga bukas ng valve corroded and thus the loose compression. One symptom I observed was hindi ko sya matiming ng ayos and the engine will die on low rpm (dapat mataas). I guess my case was extreme than yours kaya obvious and loose compression without the tester. There might me a need for some machine shop works. Total damage cost was P2950 sa akin....top overhaul job was P1200, gasket was P450, machine shop works was P880, the balance were spent for the valve seats and the gasket sealer etc.

Goodluck.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check your spark plug gasket first or tighten it before going into the complicated and "expensive" part. :wink:

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Actually, I have it checked yesterday mainly to check the plug seal but it was still ok and without signs of leak. What I notice is that when you switch on the engine and try to open the oil lid, and place your hand on top of the open lid, you will feel air pressure coming out and makes a sound. I don't know how to test a simple compression test for engine. Do you know where to bring my Revo for this type of test? Sa Servitek kaya kaya nila? How much kaya?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May "kaunting" air pressure ka talagang ma feel sa oil lid. what is really bad is kung may oil na bumubuga doon and also sa dipstick. kung wala you're still ok. '98 revo is relatively new. wala pa siguro 100,000 km ang tinakbo niya. diba hydrolic valve lifter as in self adjusting yan?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Yup! and that makes it very complex. So do you suggest to have it top-overhauled or just let it go na lang? One more thing is that I put an oil that has 10W30 grade, its the Citgo brand na nabibili sa Price Smart. I notice kasi na bumilis nga ako kaso nga parang lampas sa na sa "F" mark ng dipstick ang oil. Di kaya makaapekto yun sa pagbasa ng mga threads ng spark plug :?: Pls. advice..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do not over fill your engine wid motor oil. sa seals ng drive train magkakaproblema.
    if sa thread lang ok lang wag lang sa tips.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    did you notice any reduction on your oil level lately? if so, you may really have to make a top overhaul, mahirap yung sungkit lang, baka you need to change the piston rings already narin, baka worn out na rings mo kaya umaakyat na oil sa combustion chamber pagikot ng makina. also, if you notice excessive white smoke coming out of your tail pipe hanbang takbo makina mo, am sorry to say but you really need to open up your motor.

i had same problem a month ago, naayos ko na. replace ako valve seals and rings. ok n sya ngayun. i spend around 6,500.00.

if non of the oil reduction and smoke ever exists in your motor, you may just have to change your plugs, baka mahina n sya sumunog. oil do reach the combustion chamber but in little amounts only, thats lubrication, yun ang trabaho ng oil ring, but in excess, problema na.

hope nakatulong kami syo bro.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    suggestion lng bro, i think it better to use locally manufactured motor oil, kasi tested yan based on philippine condition, imported oils may be saying their better, but they were manufactured nad tested based on the conditions in the country origin, baka instead makatulong sa engine natin baka lalo pa mapasama.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung plug seal nga mas madali pag gawin, took me mga 1hr DIY dati sa Corolla ko...

pero your best bet is to do a full compression test para wala nang hula-hula

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    A noticeably oil consumption may be the first sign. In which case your engine requires top overhaul. Meaning, your engine valve seals has reached it's peak role and needs replacement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
help! spark plug may langis