New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Dude, advise naman how to eliminate langis sa spark plug ko. Sabi ng iba valve seals papalitan na, top-overhaul na ba ang gagawin dito? Pwede kayang ipagawa ito sa mga shops na subok na sa ganitong problem?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    valve seals malamang yan... i think 200 lang per seal... you'll need 4

while to top is removed, you might as well replace the valve cover gasket and timing belt/tensioner bearing

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Thanks theeved, kahit ba sa simpleng mechanic kaya nila ito? do they need to have it top-overhauled? Ano ba ang effect nito kung di ko pa mapapagawa? Will it affect tha performance of the engine? BTW, my ride is '98 GL Revo, pls. advise as I'm really worried on this case.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cesar, i'm not mr. theveed pero i want to share my idea.

i think hindi nila kailangan i top overhaul yan. kailangan lang i-replace yung valve seals. and tama si mr. theveed. if ever due na rin for replacement yung timing belt mo, pwede mo na ring isabay yan.

ang magiging effect nyan if ever is insufficient burning the fuel dahil basa nga yung plugs mo ng langis, which will also result in higher oil consumption and higher smoke emission.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pano palitan without removing the top? as in susungkitin mo lang palabas?
    sorry, have no idea e :mrgreen:
    2 of my plugs may konting oil deposit din sa thread eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybitz/cesar,

valve seals can be replaced either by top overhauling or pwede rin sungkit/dukot... though if ur engine is due for timing belt/chain replacement, isabay mo na rin, para isang trabaho na lang...

on the side note, kung may langis ang sparks mo maraming pwedeng cost nito... I'm having the same problem recently, and after a lot of elimnations, we are down to 3 culprits...

1. Busted valves
    2. valve guides needs replacements
    3. Piston ring needs to be replaced...

I've changed my valve seals (valve stems) twice for this month... and it aint cheap.. btw, AFAIK the number of valve seals depends on the number of your valves, if it is 12, then 12 and 16 if 16...

Oily sparks leads to higher fuel consumption, bad smoke emission, loose compresion, and also if neglected, lost of oil... and you know what happens when u loose oil...

anyway, if ur having it check and replaced.. look for a reputable mechanic/shop for that... remember, ur having ur car's heart is treatedn here... :lol:

HTH

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    damn. buti nalng i saw these. i have the same prob too.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Sabi sa kabila, baka daw plug seal lang daw ang prob. kasi hindi naman yung tip ang may langis kundi yung body nya (threads). Okey naman ang hatak ng Revo ko yun lang pag nilinis ko na ang spark plug may langis yung threads niya. Madali lang daw itong palitan, just open the valve cover and replace the old plug seals with new ones and medyo mura pa ang cost nito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah ok... :lol:

I think when removing the seals yuo have to remove the cam shaft that covers the valves (etc)... but I'm not familiar with Revo engines...

I hope you could solve ur problems na... mine hindi pa kasi...

though I hope urs is different from mine, nagsimula kasi yung akin sa thread and washer lang.. now it parang lumalala and it seems that the threads are not that really oily, but more of carbon build up...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Dude, I just checked my Revo to my mechanic and sabi nila normal lang daw na may oil sa threads wag lang sa tip ng spark plug kasi papalya at may hesitation pag tumakbo na. Is this true? Anyway, ok naman ang takbo niya is just that may langis nga ang threads. Saan kaya pwedeng pasungkit na lang ang seals nito without it being top-overhauled?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
help! spark plug may langis