New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Need some help. Am soon due for maintenance replacement of my 1997 Nissan Cefiro parts. Does anyone know what are the OEM's of the ff. parts:

- front stabilizer links
    - brake pads
    - shock absorbers

The original parts from Nissan is, as expected, quite expensive. I would also appreciate if you can share how much and where I can buy these OEM parts.

By the way, one store along Taft Ave. said that the OEM of the stabilizer link is Paraut (P900/pair). Is this accurate? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    oem prices won't be far off kung bibili ka sa casa or sa labas.

for the brake pads better to get tanabe pads! they are much more capable of stopping the cefiro than stock pads.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    brake pads...bendix standards lang, jolly good value, if there's one that fits the cefiro.

money is an issue? try mo pa-repair sa cruven or zee yung stab links and shocks mo. half the replacement costs.

nice car...yan ba yung may VQ engine? i always wanted a cefiro...i like the big daddy looks, hihihi.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    try mo jaisi auto supply. they sell nissan parts. dito ako kumukuha bro. almost 20-40% off the price ng casa. the shop is on e. rod, southbound. malapit na sa araneta, pagkalagpas lang ng villa espana.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the shocks, KYB Gas is what was fitted in our Cefiro Elite before...

For the stab link, i'd go with OEM. Shouldnt be too expensive. Try checking the CASA price and with JAISI as mentioned. In Pasay there's Advance along Taft (Was this the shop you checked out?). On Youngbros, the prices of their OEM isnt too far off or is actually similar to the CASA price.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    speedyfix, voltscastillo, aceshark, vinj, thank you for the inputs. they are very informative! i will checkout tanabe, bendix and visit this store jaisi.

other tsikoteers, any additional inputs to share? thanks in advance.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    "...for the brake pads better to get tanabe pads! they are much more capable of stopping the cefiro than stock pads.
    I agree that the brake pads need to be something else. The original brake pads eat the rotor daw, though its stopping power is quite enough for me. How much are tanabe brakes and where are they available? How does it compare to Bendix, which I read (from other threads) was more commonly recommended? Thanks for sharing.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo
    brake pads...bendix standards lang, jolly good value, if there's one that fits the cefiro.

money is an issue? try mo pa-repair sa cruven or zee yung stab links and shocks mo. half the replacement costs.

nice car...yan ba yung may VQ engine? i always wanted a cefiro...i like the big daddy looks, hihihi.
    Thanks, bro! How can I contact cruven or zee? Where can I find them?

As for the car, yes its VQ engine ... 24valve 6 cylinder ... 6km/ltr city driving and 8.5km/ltr highway driving. And thanks ... at least big daddy car na ngayon ... in the other thread, they called it lolo's car.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark
    try mo jaisi auto supply. they sell nissan parts. dito ako kumukuha bro. almost 20-40% off the price ng casa. the shop is on e. rod, southbound. malapit na sa araneta, pagkalagpas lang ng villa espana.
    thanks bro! can i have a more detailed instruction on how to get there? so sorry but am not from that area, and ako pa naman si mr. get lost all the time. thanks in advance. will try to visit it tomorrow. oh yeah ... do you have their no. too? hope am not asking too much. salamat salamat again!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    For the shocks, KYB Gas is what was fitted in our Cefiro Elite before...

For the stab link, i'd go with OEM. Shouldnt be too expensive. Try checking the CASA price and with JAISI as mentioned. In Pasay there's Advance along Taft (Was this the shop you checked out?). On Youngbros, the prices of their OEM isnt too far off or is actually similar to the CASA price.
    Was there any noticeable difference on the ride when you installed KYB gas shocks? Ito ba yung OEM niya?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help! OEM for Cefiro Stabilizer Link, etc.