New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    utol ko may '06 city. he upgraded the horns to Fiamm. no relays tapos twice pumutok yung fuse. what we did is we put a fuse na mas mataas ang rating. so far after one year eh ok pa naman

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sdavis View Post
    utol ko may '06 city. he upgraded the horns to Fiamm. no relays tapos twice pumutok yung fuse. what we did is we put a fuse na mas mataas ang rating. so far after one year eh ok pa naman
    Naka-tap ba yung power from the battery itself tapos you added the relay or nagdagdag lang talaga kayo ng relay and changed the fuse? Ano pa yung kailangan kong i-check para smooth ang operation ng auto?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stebel magnums

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    Naka-tap ba yung power from the battery itself tapos you added the relay or nagdagdag lang talaga kayo ng relay and changed the fuse? Ano pa yung kailangan kong i-check para smooth ang operation ng auto?
    We just connected the new horn to the original wiring then changed the fuse. No relays

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not adding a relay and just adding a bigger fuse is tantamount to asking for more problems.

Remember that the fuse trips for a reason. It was designed to be the weak link. If you replace it with a beefier fuse, the overload will now try to find the next weakest link in the system. Fuses are easy to replace, standing on your head trying to find a fried wire is a bit more difficult.

Such stopgap measures will probably work for a horn because the circuit is not in constant use, but I would never recommend it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Not adding a relay and just adding a bigger fuse is tantamount to asking for more problems.

Remember that the fuse trips for a reason. It was designed to be the weak link. If you replace it with a beefier fuse, the overload will now try to find the next weakest link in the system. Fuses are easy to replace, standing on your head trying to find a fried wire is a bit more difficult.

Such stopgap measures will probably work for a horn because the circuit is not in constant use, but I would never recommend it.
    Bossing OTEP, I'm interested in putting a pair of Mitsuba Turbine Horns. Is it wise if I put a bosch relay for each horn and use the stock wire then replace a better fuse with a 30a capacity? Ano po ba yung best technical approach? your help is really appreciated..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    about the relays, tama si sir niky

di naman malaking bagay ang magpalagay ng relays kasama nung bagong busina. nagpapa-install ka na din lang e di isabay na di ba.

kakainis magpalit ng fuse ng paulit-ulit at baka may bumigay na iba pa sa electrical.
    may nakasubok na ba ng bosch na busina dito? mukhang ok din

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bosch Silver Supertone. Or Hella Supertone (red and black).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

I agree boss otep!! ganyan din nangyari sa 04 city idsi ko....laging napuputukan kung matagal kong pinipindot yung busina....kaya kapag naputukan pati automatic transmission damay....kaya have always extra fuse for the city (hirap kasing maghanap ng fuse nya dahil honda)....

same advise din ang binigay sa aking ng Honda CASA...that its better to just replace the fuse than the wires (kala ko nga niloloko lang ako ng CASA--hindi pala....thanks boss otep).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    Bossing OTEP, I'm interested in putting a pair of Mitsuba Turbine Horns. Is it wise if I put a bosch relay for each horn and use the stock wire then replace a better fuse with a 30a capacity? Ano po ba yung best technical approach? your help is really appreciated..
    For a single pair of horns which came together as a set, a single relay will work. The wiring diagram is already printed on the box or in the enclosed literature. There are a number of ways to mount horns. Just pray your installer understands wiring diagrams. Some Banawe installers do have formal training in this kind of thing.

Here is my post at the Fortuner website about properly installing horns:

Ok here's the correct way to do it (please forgive any detail errors, this is meant to be an overview).

1. Unplug stock wiring from stock horn and set aside. Remove stock horn now.
    2. Run new wiring directly from battery's positive terminal
    3. Make sure there is an inline fuse that runs with the new wire
    4. Wiring from battery goes into appropriate socket on relay (there is a diagram on the relay body)
    5. Check original horn wire. Determine which is the 'trigger wire' (the wire that gets activated when you press on the horn button)
    6. Tap into this wire and connect to appropriate socket on relay
    7. Connect new horn to relay and put on a ground wire
    8. Test horn.

So in essence, the OEM wiring's role now is just to trigger the relay.

The relay will trigger the flow of electricity directly from the battery into the horn. The thin stock horn electric wires are unused and hence will never suffer from an overload.

Use the appropriate size wires and connectors.

Btw, this is how they do it in Glenn's shop sa Kamias. Dinadayo ko sila when I'm having horns installed. Bad trip sa Banawe ang daming 'shortcut' ng mga installer (e.g. just slapping on a higher rated fuse). Kina Glenn kasi wala masyadong tao, hindi under time pressure yung nagkakabit (Ronald, Glenn's cousin. He is also the store manager).

Returning to a stock set up is also a breeze. Just remove all the add-on wires, install stock horn and reconnect stock connector. Finished!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
help Needed! What's the best Horn replacement for 2006 Honda City iDSI?