New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ford lynx ghia a/t 2000

already changed the cmp sensor and maf sensor months ago

just this afternoon the starter doesnt crank.
    battery seems ok everything works but starter (wala na kasi yung lumang threads Sad )

suspect: cmp sensor (maybe a version2(?) defect?) but the engine has cooled down already - used it twice in the morning - home-school-stop-school-home
    and used it from home to office around 1pm.

5pm start of problem. im now at home and gonna go back to the car, ill try to reinstall the old cmp sensor. hope some of you guys can help...
    maybe some of you experienced this

hoping to use it tomorrow going to manila from clark

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, I'd check the obvious first, starter mismo.

Baka solenoid lang or carbon brush.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    might not be cmp sensor.... kung cmp sensor yan dapat napapastart mo pa at pwede pa umandar...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... kung CPS o MAF, dapat nag-cra-crank yun. Might be a starter issue.

Of note, I had hard-starting issues before even when my battery seemed completely fine. These issues turned out to be a weak battery. But then again, if it doesn't crank, it's the starter mismo.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    pag nag start ka ba meron ka nadinig or naramdaman click or wala? pag wala malamang park-neutal safety switch ang sira, try mo din start sa neutral or habang start mo medyo galawin mo konti (back and forth) un shifter

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Are you sure battery is ok? !st check that the terminal lugs are tight then try starting your car with booster cables. If it starts it might be that the battery is weak. Try to leave it running for 30 mins or so to charge the battery. Or have a battery shop check your battery.

With AT, its common for the car not to crank when the battery is weak. I've experienced this with my old car and this happened a lot when I was working for a large car rental company overseas. This is what the mechanics did and it always worked.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    probably either the solenoid lang of the starter

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Had the same problem before and it was the cam positioning sensor that was the culprit. Had it changed late last year and so far had no problems. This was also extensively discussed at fcp.com. Update na lang if your problem is solved. Info might come in handy in the future

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    have the car checked with a diagnostic computer. if any of the values are off then replace the part.

help: lynx wont start