New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi! i hope someone can enlighten me with my car problem. i drive a lancer itlog with a 4G63T engine. as i start driving(from cold start with some heating) and going a lil'(just a little) bit fast, my engine drops completely dead as i halt, disregarding my turbo timer. then as i start it again and go boosting, it doesn't die out anymore. checking my intake and exhaust pipes, i saw that they're ok naman. BTW, my mods are: 1)full HKS Hiper exhaust, 2)twin plate racing clutch, 3)Apexi SAFC 1, in case these might be of reference. my engine boosts about 15 lbs. and i only use the car 2-4 times a week. what could be causing this problem kaya? thanx in advance guys!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As what you described you may have a problem with your:

1. Fuel system. It may be a faulty fuel pump or a simple blocked fuel filter.

2. Too cold an engine which can turn your engine off completely from a running state. This may be due to a problem with a faulty thermostat in your cooling system.

Have your car checked by your trusted mechanic to further diagnose the problem. Goodluck.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe a problem with the servo

help with 4G63T....