New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    can a 2000 city...with a 1.3 non-vtec engine's head be swapped with a d16's head? giving the 1.3 engine vtec? is this possible?

coz i've been reading in the net that d16's heads can be swapped with b18's heads...so i was thinking if this would be possible in my case.

thanx.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WHAT? :shock: D16 kasya sa B18? are you serious?

Anyway.... why would you put a VTEC Head onto a D13? Change the whole engine na lang. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chase...change the car.herhehrehr

kidding..

engine nalang...kung pwede man yan...marami pang ka ek ekan kailangan gawin...hassle..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nakakatuwa kasing kumalikot ng makina e...kaya nag tatanong ako kung pwede =)
    sure ako ng kasya ang b18 head sa b16/d16.

now i just wanna know kung pwede yung b16/d16 head sa d13 =)

mahal mag swap e..tsaka mas problematic...at least dito, pin pointed mo na agad kung magkaproblema man kung san galing yung problema...

alang pera magpalit ng kotse =)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ewan ko kung possible ang D16 sa D13 pero since pareho D series engine sila na SOHC baka pwede.

As for B18 to D16.... di pwede yun. DOHC head idikit mo sa SOHC block.... nope... hindi pwede

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chase:::

im a bit rusty on honda engines but as far as i recall, malayo ang bore diameter ng B engine sa D engine... hindi kaya ng machine shop without compromising reliability.

Regarding your head swap. Pwede yon, kaya lang, ibababa mo yung block mo para ma-check kung may sabit and sabay ayusin. The head swap is feasible coz all D series engines have the same Bore. Stroke lang nagkaiba. As Glenn pointed out, di porque kinabitan mo Ng VTEc head ay ok na yon. VTEC is hydraulic, but is actuated by electronics. Believe me, mas mahihirapan pa yung magkakabit if you swap the head that just changing the whole engine.

Sa head swap puro modified wirings and modified everything, sa engine swap, almost stock karamihan.... Expensive but less ang sakit ng ulo.

my 2cents :D

Let me tell you a story.... theres this guy who wasnt satisfied with his D12B engine on his civic hatch. What he did was get a surplus D15 engine with dual carbs..... swapped the innards..... he was still not happy.

After a lot of OVertime at the office, he ponied up some cash and put a B16A in his hatch...... then he became happy :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a cheaper way to become "happy", use nitrous.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ghosthunter::: yes!!!!! mabuhay NOS!!!!! hehehe:mrgreen:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hi.. im planning to swap my d15 non vtec carb type to a b16 or d15 fuel injected vtec engine. could you help me out where i can find those engines and i have no idea how much it will cost me and is it unlikely change the whole thing including transmission or just the engine itself? i dnt know if the transmissions are compatible with each other..

thanks a lot..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shop around banawe or evangelista. mahal ng B16 ngayon. some say mga 80-90k for the engine only. D15 mura lang, mga 25-30k. prices dont include install pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
head swap