New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    leme know where you are so i can point you in the direction of the closest dealer

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    talking about alternatives for the 5w-30 fully synth, would it be really bad for the engine if i chose to use 5w-50 fully synth? what would be the after effect?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    leme know where you are so i can point you in the direction of the closest dealer
    i'll get in touch with you soon.. kaka change oil ko lang and may 4 liters pa akong stock...

thanks..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    between the 5w30 and 5w50 you will see a decrease in engine response and fuel economy due to the thicker viscosity.

better to retain the 5w30 if that is what is recommended by the engine.

imperialv, no problem bro

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Saang Caltex pa ang may old stock nito na malapit sa Makati or Quezon City area?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    5w-30? is gave me better FC on our trooper and its a Royal Purple ..

baka meron pang havoline sa ace hardware ..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    s_quilicot, glad you're happy with the oil

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Saang Caltex pa ang may old stock nito na malapit sa Makati or Quezon City area?
    Important additives in the engine oils go stale. Recommended shelf life before use is 3yrs. Use RP na lang the price is fair enough. For optimum reliability use FS tranny oil na rin.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    Important additives in the engine oils go stale. Recommended shelf life before use is 3yrs. Use RP na lang the price is fair enough. For optimum reliability use FS tranny oil na rin.
    Ganoon ba. Unfortunately, Royal Purple doesn't have an oil with the correct rating for my engine (i.e. WSS-M2C913-B). My only two choices are Shell Helix F and Havoline Energy.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    in that case it's best talaga to use the oil that meets the engine requirements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Halvoline Energy 5-30w phaseout...