New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sir Speedy i have the same problem. I already changed my diff fATF luid but ganon parin if i make a U-turn. meron parin sound. Could it be that i used the wrong fluid.? Sabi kasi sa manual use only honda fluid while gamit ko yung castrol atf. Meron ba diff nito or marketing lang ng honda?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thats the velocity joint... im sure about it...have it checked sa honda...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    buti nalang pala nasabi ko sayo or else you would have put the wrong fluid in the car and masira mo pa.

yan ang mahirap... all you do is post and post and don't think that someone may actually think you know what you're saying and follow your advice. if they did you would probably ruin the car even more. geezzz....
    Well i'm actually saying what i've experience.I used gear oil on CRV pumpkin.I never had a problem.GEEEZZZ....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i experienced that in my gen1. i read around at hondasuv the culprit is the old Rear differential oil. you need to change it using Honda ATF.

True enough when i changed mine nawala yung squeaking grinding sound on full turns. the explaination offered by hondasuv pag nakafullturn ka kase unequal yung spin ng front right and left tire which activates the Real time 4wd at the rear. when the rear is activated but the fluid inside it isn't up to the task that's when you hear the annoying squeak.

sa manual ng cr-v don't use gear oil. it says there use Honda Rear diff fluid or Honda ATF.

may sticker pa yan sa rear differential mismo:
    http://www.pbase.com/supierreman5/image/31663025
    (sorry for the poor pic quality)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    salamat sa inyong talakayan at may natutunan ako. cool lang tayo...hapi hapi tayo dito sa tsikot.

dun sa thread starter balitaan mo kami kung naayos na yung problem mo.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sometimes you need to replace it more than once in order to flush out all the old stuff

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    replace the differential fluid sa likod. sure tangal yung tunog nyan.
    Yun rin pala siguro problema ng Gen1 namin dati. Si Honda (casa) naman, hindi nagsasabi na kailangan palitan na ng differential fluid noon.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Ok. Thanks for the inputs. Will try having the atf replaced sa honda pag nagkaroon ng free time..... (Baguio kase location ko and the nearest casa is Pangasinan pa). Thanks again

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kaya siguro ng shops sa baguio yan... it's just atf naman and a simple drain refill.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    kaya siguro ng shops sa baguio yan... it's just atf naman and a simple drain refill.
    Ok thanks sir speedyfix. Pero walang nagbebenta ng honda atf dito. Ok lang kaya kung gamit ako ng mga ordinary atf's like mobil, AC Delco or castrol? Try ko din maghanap ng motul or redline.-- mukhang wala pa ako nakikitang ganitong brands dito. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
GRRR sound/vibration on full turn - CRV