New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if you replace the gear oil and adjust the clutch properly and may tunog pa then you have to replace the gear to stop it from crunching.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir migs, magkano labor nyo for palit clutch fluids? eg sedan here

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    text me nalang or send me a pm for pricing inquiries

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Greetings to everyone! This is my first time posting on this forum. I've been a long time cager and also a biker. I had that same problem with my Sentra, it turns out na hindi lang masyado nakahigpit ung clutch cable ko kaya medyo hirap pumasok sa first and second gear. Try mo i-adjust yung clutch cable mo. It would also be best kung patignan mo na rin talaga sa professional yung car to prevent further damage to the transmission. (Medyo mahal magpababa ng transmission ngayon)
    san yun iniaadjust? yun ba yun nasa ilalim ng hood na ang mounting ay malapit sa pedal? yun parang cylinder tapos parang may lock na hugis lumang singko?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    similar problem din sa kotse ko,minsan ang hirap mag change gear tapos minsan ok naman,check ko yung fluid eh may laman naman,ano kaya problema nun?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kahit may laman sya, kung luma parin it might be causing the problems.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    san ba pwede i-adjust cable ng clutch?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    A lot of you guys are missing out the transmission mounts... It's an old car and if the tranny mounts have never been replaced before, you have to... Worn tranny mounts causes the transmission to be unstable when the car is running; the engine causes the tranny to vibrate vigorously especially at idle, during inconsistent amount of power delivery, as well as everytime you compress and depress on the clutch pedal... Chances are the tranny itself isn't aligned, which makes it eventually hard to shift to a certain gear/s...

Also, have the gear oil replaced... there are debris that circulate all over your tranny as the fluid does, so get rid of them...

btw, you can check for gear oil leaks by looking underneath, check on the drain and filler holes, and little possibly on tranny ends...

Also, have the cables, hoses, brake master/slave cylinder, etc, checked by a reputable shop/mechanic...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    it can be a lot of things, like:

- the tranny gears are shot
    - the tranny synchronizers (from 1st to 2nd) are shot
    - clutch components (P-plate, c-disk, r-bearing) are worn out na
    - gear oil needs to be replaced na

if I were you I'd go the cheapest route muna, try to have your tranny oil replaced and observe if the problem is still there. I recommend Redline MT90 for your gearoil, IMO very good tranny oil, kinda pricey though.
    Artpogi is right, consider mo yung mga suggestions niya. Yun ang mga possibilities na problem na sasakyan mo. Huwag ka kaagad pagagawa sa casa. Sa mekaniko mong suki kaya nia yan at alang computer analyzer na involve dian sa pagpapagawa nian. Ingat tayo mga tsikoters sa mga pambobola ng casa at ng ibang talyer na may magagandang puesto.

Post muna tayo sa tsikoters before pagawa para magkaroon tayo ng other options. Drive Safely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gear Problem