New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    I drive a Ford Escape 05 automatic. For the past week, the gas pedal is hard and sticky for the first five minutes of the drive. It becomes normal again as I continue my driving. Tried checking the 3M matting on top of the regular mat as it may be interfering with the play of the pedal.

Any DIY tips that you may suggest? I am suspecting lubrication of perhaps the cable. Can this be done only in casas or a regular mechanic from lets say Servitek?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    baka ganun talaga yun bro automatic kasi

pero anayin pa din natin ang mga may ari ng ford escape dito

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    baka ganun talaga yun bro automatic kasi

pero anayin pa din natin ang mga may ari ng ford escape dito
    Have been using it for 2.5 yrs now and it is only last week that it started to happen.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    AFAIK isa cause nito eh stretched na gas cable. Mga guru, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nangyari sa Sentra ko to dati. What I did was I stuck my head under my dash, and checked to see if there was "slack" on my gas cable. Turned out, there was. I found that there is a good 1/6 of a inch of my cable between that plastic thingy (spacer/grommet..dunno what it's called) and the metal. What I did was I just tighted. Worked for a while pero bumalik. It was then I decided to replace. Nung pinalitan ko, okeh na.

Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Checked underneath and i cant see a cable. All i see are levers at the back of the pedal to a lever going up before the wall.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Checked underneath and i cant see a cable. All i see are levers at the back of the pedal to a lever going up before the wall.
    Do not change your cable. Clean your throttle and throttle plate. I guarantee you will solve your problem, this caused by deposits built up.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup, most likely it's the dirt in the tb causing the hardness.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Do not change your cable. Clean your throttle and throttle plate. I guarantee you will solve your problem, this caused by deposits built up.
    Thanks for the input, where do I find the throttle plate? I would like to do it myself if and when it is doable.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it's the throttle body. follow the air filter towards the engine and you should find it.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    it's the throttle body. follow the air filter towards the engine and you should find it.

speedyfix and co., thanks for the tip. Sprayed some oil and cleaned it with cloth. Pedal now as soft as before. Yes, it was due to some build-up at the cable. Problem solved, thanks to tsikot! Btw, I just saved P810 from labor with Ford. I asked them how much it will cost me and they said its P810.

One last shot, on the odometer where you see the P,R,N,D,1,2.....

All gears are easily engaged with a square surrounding the gear indicator except for N. It engages in N but the square is hard to appear. Sometimes, I just move the shifter from D to P then back to N or I just move the shifter up and down just for some motion and the square will appear. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gas pedal hard on first 5 minutes!