New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is it?

I mean, for example:

Someone selling a vehicle with 40T kms. (or more) pero meron syang full records sa casa

Vs.

Someone selling a vehicle with 20T kms. (or less) pero "lost" or "missing" records

Which one would you pick?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes and no. Ok kasi alam mo ang records niya and everything.

The problem is the casa is not usually the greatest place to have car maintenance done. I've been down at their workshops. Karamihan gusto lang talaga matapos ang trabaho basta bara-bara. Hindi naman nila ma-me-meet ang owner ng sasakyan saka yung casa ang hahabulin in case may problem so medyo walang malasakit. Kapag lunch, matutulog pa sa kotse mo with matching patugtog ng YES 101.1. Huwag mo na alamin kung paano nila ginagawa ang 'test drive'.

Hindi ba yung sa Isuzu nakarating ng Tagaytay at ipinambili ng pinya. (nabasa ko sa diyaryo tawa ako ng tawa).

Ako, hindi complete ang service records ng sasakyan ko pero hindi ka naman siguro magsisisi if you end up buying it a year or two from now dahil alaga ko iyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende siyempre sa vehicle pa rin yan. Im sure for the Nth time na sasabiin ito, the full service record is simply proof that the vehicle is regularly maintained.

Buying a used car is NOT a simple case of this over that.... you have to actually look, feel, smell, taste the car. Look at it yourself and you be the judge.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, TEST DRIVE it. And drive it to the limit. Yung sakin pinatalon pa namin bago namin binili. Tested the 4wd, the brakes, everything. Nahilo ang ahente afterwards.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep, seeing, inspecting and actually driving the vehicle would be the greatest basis IMO

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, its not. aside from nga what is previously posted here na hindi naman talaga guarantee na maganda ang maintenance sa casa, another reason is that, nasa driver and nasa car yan. excellently maintained nga yung oto, pero barubal naman magmaneho yung driver.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alin yan pinatalon mo Otep? Yung Paje? hehehe! i can only imagine the look on the ahente's face when you did that.

Ako habol ko sa test drive, yung level of NVH. I admit the Pajero i got was a lemon. blown na kasi yung engine, and at that time i thought kaya lang ng calibration. di pa ako tsikoteer at that time.

But anyway, everything's perfect now. :D

Newbee:: if you know a good mechanic. bring him along.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the seller has other cars, try checking them too.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm *considering* the unit (2000 Lariat) from Ford Makati

It comes with a warranty naman (6 months I think)

With 40+T kms. full records, and a 6 month warranty, does this sound good?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Test drive and find out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is *full records sa casa* a good basis in looking for good 2nd hand vehicles?