New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I will, but I haven't ridden, let alone driven a Lariat before, how should I know what to expect?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahhhh. thats an entirely different situation. Do you have any friends who have the same car? Maybe you should bring them. Basta dont get excited when getting one. Always act as your own 'Devil's Advocate'. If you find anything not to your liking, back out. Tell us about it.

Mahirap din kasi mag recommend based on what's on paper. If i were to judge based on what you gave me, id say go for it! kaya lang we both have not seen the vehicle in question, so mahirap magbigay ng solid recommendation.

Goodluck dude! I wish i had your problem! haha!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just drive it hard. Mapapansin mo naman dapat if something is amiss.

Saka visual inspection pa lang dapat matalas na mata mo. Check for leaks, collision repairs (ok lang ito basta maayos ang gawa), any added wires or accessories, etc.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A service record is a good indication of how an owner maintained his/her ride. Plus you'll know what parts have been already replaced like oil/filter, pads, clutch, etc. It takes away the guessing part of when this or that might break. With the rising cost of parts and fluids knowing when and what were replaced gives you a little more money in the pocket. Usually when buying high end cars ea. Pajeros, MBs, BMWs, Safaris, etc. expect little mileage as most of these are own by people with more than one car (expect for me of course). And if you by chance bought a lemon there's always the WORKSHOP you can go to. Happy hunting.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One thing to suspect when there are "missing" records (meaning nawawala yung booklet) is that the mileage could have been tampered. This is usually the case as the record booklet hardly gets out of the car anyway...

Casa records could mean that certain parts have been changed per the service booklet recommendation and maintainance checks have been done thats why it can add some peace of mind (although this isnt the case always).

BTW, driving hard doesnt necessarily bring out the problems in the car always... its a good visual inspection (inside out, over and under) coupled with some research work that really helps IMO.
    Last edited by vinj; July 24th, 2003 at 12:33 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pero keep in mind that "service records" sa casa can also be tampered. Laganap ito sa mga BMW because of the high cost of maintenance. Tinatatakan na lang ang booklet at nirereset ang computer but no maintenance actually takes place in the shop. Gagawin na lang sa labas like sa sariling shop ng technician, etc.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    lariat?? hehehe ubos gas mo dyan.... galing naman sa casa, ask the casa nalang kung sa kanila ba yan nag papaservice may records din naman sila ah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Is *full records sa casa* a good basis in looking for good 2nd hand vehicles?