New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I believe the vanette was designed for a cooler climate in mind. Along with cleaner (less dusty) environment too.
    I dont think the vanette was designed poorly with regards to its airconditioning system. I think there is definitely something wrong with your cooling system.. Relocating the 1st condenser would only be beneficial kung may overheating problem radiator mo, or mahina na yung radiator fan mo and able to cool the 1st condenser. Kung wala nman leak radiator and condenser mo, pabaklas mo na lng at ipa high pressure water cleaning mo na lng/sundutin mga clogged areas. Have the fan checked din kung malakas pa. Make sure the gap between the condenser and radiator is not too far (15-20mm daw ideal) so the air pulled in by the radiator fan is forced thru the condenser first rather than thru the gap. Also hav the 2nd condenser pressure hosed and have the fan checked too. Replace your drier (mura lng nman yun), check the expansion valve also (low pressure reading pag stuck closed or kung barado), chek the compressor kung adequate pa din ang vacuum (dapat tama ang low pressure readings and di dapat close sa high pressure side). If your system doesnt have any leak at tama naman amount of refrigerant, ok na cguro yun..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelcop View Post
    hmmm...i dont understand how Nissan came up with such a poor design. somehow i also wonder why other vanettes have better A/C performance than mine even if they haven't done any modification. kase diba if the said van has poor A/C and cooling system, eh di sana lahat ng stock vanette nag-ooverheat and mahina ang A/C. tsaka sana ni-recall nalang ng Nissan ang production nito diba? I dont know...just a thought
    What? Not all stock Vanettes overheat? Here I thought it was the rule rather than the exception.

Do a lot of hillclimbing or traffic in the older Vanettes, and even when new, they would get hot and sometimes overheat. They only fixed the cooling issue for the later Grand Coaches... and even then, after a few years you had to watch out for heat problems.

There's nothing wrong with the aircon per se... it's just a symptom of the general cooling issues with stock Vanettes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverlorenzo View Post
    I dont think the vanette was designed poorly with regards to its airconditioning system. I think there is definitely something wrong with your cooling system.. Relocating the 1st condenser would only be beneficial kung may overheating problem radiator mo, or mahina na yung radiator fan mo and able to cool the 1st condenser. Kung wala nman leak radiator and condenser mo, pabaklas mo na lng at ipa high pressure water cleaning mo na lng/sundutin mga clogged areas. Have the fan checked din kung malakas pa. Make sure the gap between the condenser and radiator is not too far (15-20mm daw ideal) so the air pulled in by the radiator fan is forced thru the condenser first rather than thru the gap. Also hav the 2nd condenser pressure hosed and have the fan checked too. Replace your drier (mura lng nman yun), check the expansion valve also (low pressure reading pag stuck closed or kung barado), chek the compressor kung adequate pa din ang vacuum (dapat tama ang low pressure readings and di dapat close sa high pressure side). If your system doesnt have any leak at tama naman amount of refrigerant, ok na cguro yun..
    siguro naayus na ni TS ung vanette nya, 5 years ago na, baka nabenta na nga yung unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ever heard of "Liquid Separator"