New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    we recently got the aircon fixed on my ride...while it is coolers than before(dati fan lang talaga, walag lamig), di pa rin ganun kalamig. sabi ng shop that the evaporator could need some cleaning(i don't remember ever having it cleaned)

di ko na masyado nakuha, pero me napansin daw silang condensation on one of the pipes, na ibig sabihin(daw) lumalamig na nga sya, pero hindi lumalamig ung buga because of the evaporator

btw, they're asking for 4k for the cleaning. it this price fair?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ingat lang pag palinis ng cooling coils or evaporators. Usually yung dumi minsan ang tumutulong para masarahan yung butas kung meron man. After exterior cleaning your evaporator, it is subjected to leak test by filling it up with air then submerged under water. Pag may bubbles sa tubes, better prepare to buy a new unit. It is not advisable to have it repaired by resoldering any hole, sisingaw at sisingaw rin ang refrigirants.

If it can still cool your car during midday, live with it a little longer. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Yan ang lagi namin sinasabi ni OTEP when dealing with evaporators.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tanong lang, sometimes yung condenser ko yata, yung nasa loob ng passenger compartment, drips water, now and then. Ano kaya ang problema?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    mine had a teeny tiny hole. but it was resoldered and it's been 5 months ok pa rin naman. dati 3 months lang ubos na freon.

badkuk: ano ba yung naging problem ng A/C syst mo? Sa local conditions it is advisable na once a year ang cleaning ng evaporator. Kung 134A ang refigerant mo mga 1,200-1500 lang ang cleaning ng evaporator including vacuum cleaning ng lines and oil sa compressor (konti lang). Kung R12 (older cars, ca.late 80's-early 90's) mas mura pa yan mga 1K lang ang cleaning. Pag may butas na yung evaporator and dumi lang ang nagba-block eventually pag hindi mo pinalinis and nag hi pressure yung linya mo sira ang compressor mo niyan and pababa ng pababa ang efficiency ng A/C. You know what I do is buy the orig evaporator from a wholesaler (UCM ang brand most car assemblers) and pakabit ko sa labas. This week had our other Civic changed compressor (Sanden TRS, 10K ko nakuha against 14-16K sa labas, 2K evaporator, 850 expansion valve, 400 dryer). Orig and bago lahat. Hindi mahal ang evaporator so hindi masyadong worth it na pa-repair. i.e if you get it from a good source. HM marketing yung kinukuhanan ko. Meron sa Cubao and Marcos Hiway. Evaporators will last you at least 3-4 years if properly maintained. Sa 2K sulit na yun (orig yun ha).

Dieseler: evaporator yun bro. The one behind the bumper and front of the radiator is the condenser. May tulo/dripping talaga yan coz condensation yun from the evaporator but it should have a drain hose na palabas sa oto mo so hindi dapat tumulo sa loob ng cabin.

Malaki and patong pag sa A/C shop niyo binili yung mga piyesa and tatakutin ka lang sa warranty. Yung sa Pregio namin 18K sa labas yung compressor. Sa HM 12K lang. On my Civic hatch nasira compressor 5 years ago, naniwala ako dun sa lokong A/C shop na i-convert sa piston type compressor (scroll type most new cars) tapos R12. Ayun di ganun kalamig at mabigat sa makina. 17K kasi dati yung compressor. After this I scouted all possible ways to do it then I bump into this wholesaler and I decided to do it my way so ayun nahuli din.

HM marketing - Didoy 6458683
    Hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ba Php 650.00 lang ang cleaning kay Mang Mario? hehehe

If your a/c is not cooling at midday or when in traffic, have your aux fans checked. Baka pangit ang airflow over the condenser (the part outside the cabin).

Evaporators are non-moving components which rarely have problems. Leaks lang ang kalaban niyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep and Gary,

Yep, its sort of leaking inside the cabin sometimes, when I switch the A/C to full blast. What's wrong kaya? Cleaning ba kelangan dito?

I went arond asking about A/C cleaning, some parts daw need to be changed, like the Drier and the Expansion Valve. Kelangan ba yan or its just extra cost?

You don't normally change the expansion valve and the dryer just like that. If it's leaking (I assume water yung nag-le-leak) then yung condensate nga imbis na lumabas sa loob tumutulo. PLs check yung hose na nakatutok sa flooring mo. Pag matagal mo na hindi napalinis then cleaning tapos pa-check mo yung hose kung properly mounted. May casing kasi yung evaporator and a drain at the bottom connected to the hose going to the flooring nung car. Kung barado yung expansion valve they will see this sa reading sa high side ng A/C line mo. Dryer pinapaltan normally pag nagpapalit lang ng compressor. HTH!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Daming a/c shops na yan ang raket. Basta cleaning palit exp valve and drier agad. I never trust those shops.

If it is leaking in the cabin. Open your engine bay and look at the rubber hose drain for the a/c (passenger side). Use a wire or stick to poke it and check for any blockages (happened a lot on my old Kia).

Another cause might be an improperly installed drain hose. Stand on your head inside the passenger side footwell and do a visual check.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use a walis ting ting stick to probe the hose and remove the dirt inside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
evaporator ba ang problema?