New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    help pls...can anybody recommend a repair shop who can tune up my engine and guaranteed to pass the emission test. my car is a 1973 German Beetle, just overhauled last year. sana ung reasonable ung price.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sneaky41, di ako familiar sa emission law sa pinas, pero dito sa US, 1974 and older vehicles need no emission test or check. I know mas maluwag ang law jan sa Pinas (do LTO really care about the emission anyway?) so I'm pretty sure the same ang law exception.

Check your local LTO to confirm this.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napatest mo na ba?. bumagsak ka?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the Lto requires that all vehicles pass the emmission test before it can be registered. My beetle was newly tuned up before the test last Feb and surprisingly it did not meet the standard. The guy doing the test, mukhang mabait, without a word from me adjusted the carb(sinakal) para pumasa. Now I'm worrried for my next year's registration, baka sumabit na naman. I heard of a gadget, catalytic converter, will this do the job? any suggestions? And HBOY, nice car you got there.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks sneaky... that's my rolling project... still not yet done.. .ehehe

so na-overhaul.. and it failed... mausok ba?. o mataas ang reading ng nox?... yung ginawa ng guy is what others really do just to pass the test.. pag labas ng testing center.. ibabalik ang setting.. which defeats the purpose of having the emissions test.. ehhe

sensya na.. cant give a definite suggestion on who can tune your car perfectly.. especially since i dont have any experience with beetles.... san ka ba malapit?. that would help bring down the choices of those people that will be posting their suggestions....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    HBOY, hindi siya mausok. I live in pasay and most of the time have my beetle tuned by a mechanic at buendia. i wanted to have my car in a setting that passes the standards but not to compromise the power.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahaha, useless din pala ang emission testing sa Pinas. Nagagastusan lang lalo ang owners pero hindi din naman pala strict. D rin pala uubra ang 1974 and below exception kse karamihan naman yata sa Pinas eh hindi papasa sa emission.

nga pala, kahit walang usok ang auto, it doesnt mean na hindi pollutant yun. Afterall, air contaminants are usually unseen from our naked eyes.

now, Philippines will be GREENER :cool:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Install the new ALEGRE EXHAUST GAS OXIDIZER (EGO) at the tip of your vehicle's tail pipe. Guaranteed to reduce smoke belching, increase engine power and save on fuel. Go to PHILTRADE (Roxas Blvd./Buendia Ave.) this coming Nov. 26th - 29th for this year's DOST Inventors' Week. The device is one of the finalist. We will be conducting FREE demos/testing on all vehicles and you could buy the devices there at discounted prices and more!

Rene Bautista
    (0926)3031871
    :nerd:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by sneaky41
    HBOY, hindi siya mausok. I live in pasay and most of the time have my beetle tuned by a mechanic at buendia. i wanted to have my car in a setting that passes the standards but not to compromise the power.
    Aside from the EGO you will install at the tip of your Beetles tail pipe, you could also add the new CYBERLUBE All-Around Lubricant and Metal Protector to your engine oil when your car is already due for an oil change. You could buy it at Php 545/bottle (good for up to 5 liters of oil). Prevents engine over-heating, increases power, saves on fuel and reduces emissions.:nerd:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by sneaky41
    the Lto requires that all vehicles pass the emmission test before it can be registered. My beetle was newly tuned up before the test last Feb and surprisingly it did not meet the standard. The guy doing the test, mukhang mabait, without a word from me adjusted the carb(sinakal) para pumasa. Now I'm worrried for my next year's registration, baka sumabit na naman. I heard of a gadget, catalytic converter, will this do the job? any suggestions? And HBOY, nice car you got there.
    You can have a catalytic converter installed on your old beetle but it wont be cheap though unless you got it second hand from another car like the corolla or other similar equipted car.

You could ask around the muffler shops if they have 2nd hand cat converters. It would be a lot cheaper than buying a new one from Nodalos.

Another would be to re-tune your carb to be extra lean on the day of your emissions testing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
emission test