New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Hi ulet guys! Share ko lang since i'm having problems whenever i lock/unlock the door using the keys.

Bale whenever i insert the key to unlock it (turn it counter clockwise), naguunlock naman sha. But the problem occurs when i turn the key back to the original position (center)... hindi.nya ito nababalik sa 'neutral' position at nagllock sha agad instead.

Somehow I found a way to work around this. What i'll do is i'll lift the external door handle (in open position) and tsaka palang sasama ung key to go back to its center 'neutral' position.

My ride is a 95 galant vr4 ss. Ano kaya problema nun and where can i have it fixed.

I dont have any keyless.electronics. talagang central locking system lang sya.

Hope to hear from u guys. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my H100 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka maluwag yung mga cables and hindi dumidikit.
    also check the actuator.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you also tried spraying lubricant into the keyhole? I used to do this on our old cars that would get "rough" keyholes during the rainy season.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Thanks sa replies guys! Was doing a little bit of research and most of them ay actuator ang issue.

Pero before i proceed on having them repaired, what's the chance kaya na nasa susian anh problem rather than the actuator?

Worry ko lang kasi eh baka pag nagpalit ng actuator (since i plan to replace the system with central lock with alarm na later on) eh ganun parin ung problema. Sira pa naman din ung susian sa passenger side dahil na stuck na..yikes!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    pwede rin na adjustment lang ng clip ng actuator yan yung tipong lumuwag lang then may naipit in between kaya kailangan lang I align ulit kung nag engage yung unlock once you put the key back at center...

yung keyhole sa passenger side na try mo na ba ma spray ng WD 40? (Before trying on a key on a stuck keyhole make sure you have a spare key on hand)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Another problem may be your door striker. It happened to me last year. I had the actuator and the whole mechanism cleaned and lubricated but the problem was still there. Another guy took a look at me and told me it was most likely the striker. He replaced it and it turns out he was correct and that was what was causing my door lock to lock back as soon as it opened.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Will try the wd40 nga mamaya when i get home.

*kill san ka nagpaayos nyan bro?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Just an update guys! Tried the WD40 but it still didn't fix the thing. Although mas naging responsive na yung keyhole hehe

I'm thinking of replacing the actuator nalang eh. Upgrade it with keyless entry and alarm. hmmm... not sure if this would fix the problem. If it doesnt then it means may problema talaga sa keyhole mechanism.

I just don't know where the keyhole fixed.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in my car, i lock by turning the key at the driver's door, counterclockwise. the clockwise turn unlocks it...
    yours appears to be the reverse...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Actually i think it varies naman. My other car (rav4 gen2) ganun din parang sayo naman, counter clockwise ang paglock. Yung sentra series 3 naman ng tita ko and my dad's singkit parang sa galant naman (clockwise ang lock).hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Door lock problem