New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rv View Post
    finally changed my winshield. 5k including installation but paid a additional 1400 coz weather strip was worn out. thanks guys
    Hi RV, What is your car that cost you 5K windshield? Is that brand new OEM or surplus OEM or replacement? Which shop did you get and installed the windshield? Thanks for your feedback.

I saw permatex damage windshield repair kit here in US for 10USD and planning to buy this on my way back to manila.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rv View Post
    finally changed my winshield. 5k including installation but paid a additional 1400 coz weather strip was worn out. thanks guys
    amp, yong akin pina estimate ko sa casa, lahat lahat daw = P23,000.bigay lang ng insurance 10K.san mo pinapalitan yan bro?orig ba yan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what happens when you have your windshield repaired ba? do the cracks totally disappear?

I have this 3-in crack on my windshield which is only on the outmost layer. the inner layer (in the cabin) is unaffected. will the repair erase the crack? the damage is only cosmetic and is not part of my wiper sweep area that's why i never considered replacing it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vtec: Dapat di ganun, ang windshield kasi ang kaisa-isang part ng covered ng insurance at 100% value.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    what happens when you have your windshield repaired ba? do the cracks totally disappear?

I have this 3-in crack on my windshield which is only on the outmost layer. the inner layer (in the cabin) is unaffected. will the repair erase the crack? the damage is only cosmetic and is not part of my wiper sweep area that's why i never considered replacing it.
    They inject a clear epoxy-like solution into the cracks. The cracks really do disappear. When they fixed the one in our car para talagang walang cracks in the first place.

I saw the kit na. May parang syringe siya na component (for injecting)

However, I think that the quality of each shop may vary.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    not worth it ang repair, mine grows longer kahit na repair na. binalik namin after the first "growth" of the crack. after a few days humaba pa ng another 10 inches now the crack is around 22 inches na.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
cracked winshield repair shop