New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung magbawas man talagang konting-konti lang... I remember yung corolla ko dati I top off the reservoir (not the rad) siguro once every 6 to 8 months lang, and mga 100ml at the most ang nababawasan na coolant. Yung 1/2 liter na bottle nabili ko lasted me more than 3 years...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Normal na nababawasan yan. Gaya nga ng sabi ni Bossing Ungas, sinisipsipn ng radiator yan pag kulang sa pressure. Nababawasan din dahil sa evaporation. Kung malakas ang pag-bawas, either may butas/tagas somewhere or may problema sa engine cooling system mo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kung tingnan mo dun sa "catch tank", meron dalawang level HOT and COLD--usually. Otherwise there's just a MAX and MIN level mark.

When the coolant reaches proper engine operating temperature, it will expand to the catch tank, raising the coolant level there. When the engine cools back down, it will resume its normal density and draw back the expelled coolant from the catch tank. This cycle repeats everytime the engine gets hot and cold again.

Like some posters already said, the coolant will evaporate over time, and the total amount of liquid in the cooling system and the catch tank will eventually subside. But this does not normally happen overnight, but should take months before you will notice the level going low.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
coolant level???