New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Planning to buy one... but as I read through some of the posts here, I have read that most of the electric tire inflator doesn't last long... anyone who happened to have tried this?

Amazon.com: Viair 00073 70P Heavy Duty Portable Compressor: Automotive

Or are there any being sold here locally that would last long?

Thanks..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    plastic pistons don't last long. pag uminit na sira na.

it only costs me P20 in tip to the gasoline boy every 2 months to inflate my tires. that is only P120/year. if your need to have a tire inflator is for emergencies then you are better off buying a can of compressed air or emergency tire inflator.

this

images1.jpg
    (i have 2)

or this

images-2-2.jpg
    naghahanap ako ng ganito kasi mura lang CO2 canister e. san kaya meron.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for the input, but I am opting for a durable electric inflator as I am also planning to buy tire pressure monitoring system (external), with these installed, it would be a hassle for me to get off the car everytime i go to a gas station just to remove the caps for the gasoline boy.. i would love to have an inflator so I can add more air if needed whenever/wherever....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Meron ako tig isa for emergency. But para di mahirapan better to jack it up before using in case sa SUV (never pa naman nagamit knock, knock) Mas nagagamit pa sa bike and bola ng anak ko .

Sa cars kaya itayo kahit no jack. With regular check sa gas station with reliable gauge.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    kung pang-top off lang naman, tatagal naman yung mga cigarette plug tire inflator. i use coido which is cheap. parang 2006 pa yata siya. wag mo lang siguro gagamitin to inflate a fully flat tire. after mga 10mins of cotninued use which is more than enough para ma-top off mo 4 wheels + spare tire, ipahinga mo sandali bago gamitin ulit.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung mga maliliit mabilis masira yan.... i used to have one that conked out after one year. once or twice ko lang ata nagamit yun sa gulong, the rest sa mga bola and porta pools.

ngayon, i am using a heavy duty one.... naka embed yung unit sa sarili nyang hard case.... got it from the US 4 years ago.... and now it is still working, although the gauge is inaccurate... pang emergency purpose lang naman like the other week. when i went out of the garage, i saw that the tire is flat... onting bomba lang just to run the car to the nearest vulcanizing shop near my place (around 1 km.), instead of me changing the tire...

the usual, i check my TP sa gas station every two weeks.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Consider this one. Locally available (ACE, Handyman, etc)

I bought mine like five years ago and it is still working fine. It says it can run continuously for 30 minutes but I have not used it for that amount of time. But it served me well. I can inflate a tire from completely flat to 30psi in around 5 minutes (vehicle not jacked up).

I probably use it maybe twice a month.

I have smallest model BTW for arounf Php1,300

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    mayroon akong gamit kaso 220v galing un sa hospital binigay sa akin ng uncle ko kasi lumang na daw un.ginagamit nila un sa parang nobolizer nung araw pa daw un.

220v siya na sing arround 5 inches ang bilog niya at 8 inches ang haba,pero full metal siya.kaya sobrang tibay talaga.
    nilagyan ko nalang ng hose.tapos bili ako ng inverter..hanggang ngayon gamit kopa din sa bahay..kaya niya hanggang 100 psi

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 5000rpm View Post
    Planning to buy one... but as I read through some of the posts here, I have read that most of the electric tire inflator doesn't last long... anyone who happened to have tried this?

Amazon.com: Viair 00073 70P Heavy Duty Portable Compressor: Automotive

Or are there any being sold here locally that would last long?

Thanks..
    i have this. and i have used it several times.
    it's the first tire inflator that i can confidently recommend to my friends.
    i don't remember the brand pasted on the product, but the shape and trimmings, and fabric sheath, are exactly the same.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 17th, 2015 at 03:22 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    For emergency use only. This inflator does not have a (wet) tank and will introduce or inject moisture and condense as water inside the tire causing corrosion and potentially damage the TPMS sensor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast